A Conversation for Weaver fish

Weaver fish grafitti

Post 1

Lepnoir

I grew up in a coastal village near Bournemouth where weaver fish became quite a problem. One year, the local authority paid the local divers to go around spearing weaver fish so that the tourists would not be put off the region. The high profile of this campaign lead to a fabulous piece of graffiti appearing along the sea defenses.

"Stamp out weaver fish!"

Lepnoir.


Weaver fish grafitti

Post 2

Bluebottle

They've been quite a menace around the Isle of Wight too. smiley - sadface
So, plastic flip-flops on the beach are a good idea, although they're hard to swim in.


Weaver fish grafitti

Post 3

Researcher 234600

my daughter Emily was stung by a weaver fish at Hayling Island beach on 13th July 2003. Luckily their blue flag beach has a first aid post and a bucket of hot water soon put her to rights.


Weaver fish grafitti

Post 4

Bluebottle

I'm glad - I heard that someone at Poole died from a weaver fish sting.

<BB<


Weaver fish grafitti

Post 5

Celticbattlepants

Really? Thats quite unusual. I have been finding the Lesser Weever (yes im correcting spelling here) in the Firth of Forth in Scotland this year, in the course of my work. Some peeps think its an indication of climate change.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more