A Conversation for The World's Best Curry Houses

Middlesex and beyond

Post 1

Merkin

"Bengal Brasserie", Egham, Surrey. Excellent range of dishes, well cooked with fresh, I'll repeat that, fresh herbs and spices. The staff are superb, and are able to take the worst behaved reprobates well within their stride.

"Taj Mahal", Feltham High St. Very friendly establishent, a jewel in a sea of mediocrity.


Middlesex and beyond

Post 2

Mr LoGiC

While we are on the Middlesex theme, I must vouch for two exceptional establishments in Twickenham:
1 - The Twickenham Tandoori
This is splendid all round but especially (though not exclusively) for lovers of hotter dishes. My favourite is the Garlic Murgh Chilli Masala, which succeeds in combining all my favourite components. Plenty of milder dishes and veggie offerings too.

2 - The Rawalpindi
Very friendly Bangladeshi establishment. The Rawalpindi Special Curry (chicken or lamb) is my top tip, and can be customized to taste (e.g. by addition of extra chillies...yummmmm). The best thing about this place is their home-made pickle. Regulars get to sample experimental batches containing variable proportions of chillis, limes etc.. Note that there is not much veggie stuff, though.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more