A Conversation for Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law

Post 1

Zonie 50574

Of course toast lands butter side down. The buttered side is heavier. And things are the last place you look because when you find them, you stop looking! At least you do if you have an IQ higher than a hamster.


Murphy's Law

Post 2

cafram - in the states.

but what if you butter BOTH sides of the toast? What does it do then? Does it get all confused and shrug its shoulders and walk off, or what?? smiley - bigeyes


Murphy's Law

Post 3

Colon Data

Clearly the toast lands butter side down - it would be diffilcult for it to do anything else. The problem would come if...

To take the full version of the law - Buttered toast allways falls buttered side down, except when trying to prove this law.

Now if you did butter the toast on both sides it would presumably be in an attempt to prove/disprove the law. Now your buggered - the toast would not fall on either side, since it is generally accepted that it will not land on it's edge I must assume it will remain permanantly stuck to your fingers.


Murphy's Law

Post 4

cafram - in the states.

Or it could balance on an edge - just to prove you wrong. Does this theory also aply to cats (ie. they always land on their feet)? If you tried to prove that would it land on its back? Curl up and die? Run screaming into the night?


Murphy's Law

Post 5

Cheerful Dragon

I once read a really silly article discussing how an anti-gravity device could be made by strapping a piece of buttered toast to a cat's back (buttered side up, of course). You then pick up the cat/toast combination. When you drop them the toast tries to land buttered side down, while the cat tries to land on its feet. This results in the cat and toast hovering some distance from the ground.

The same article also suggested the shirt/bolognese sauce combination as a means of propulsion, owing to the way white shirts seem to attract bolognese sauce. I can't remember how that one was supposed to work.


Murphy's Law

Post 6

Researcher 49665

No, no. no...! You guys have it all wrong. You've got to be more realistic, if you put butter on both sides. It will necessarily, in the eventuality that you drop it, fall on the buttered side!! As simple as that.


Murphy's Law

Post 7

cafram - in the states.

Bu... whaaaa?
TWO buttered sides. What the hell does it do? Divide itself in two just to make us right? Huh? I'm lost!


Murphy's Law

Post 8

bob the humble

Out of sheer curiosity, what happens if you don't butter either side of the toast? Do you just naturally drop it in the most inconvenient place, or just in a place where someone is about to step?


Murphy's Law

Post 9

goose

What would happen if you buttered tost and placed it on
the back of a cat before dropping both.
which would land, the toat with the cat upside down.
or the cat with the toast intact?


Murphy's Law

Post 10

Mr.C.Red

I'm off to butter the edges of mine....


Murphy's Law

Post 11

Cheerful Dragon

If you read my entry carefully you will see that the combination hovers!


Murphy's Law

Post 12

Briktal Swiftsword

It doesn't matter what side of the toast is buttered. If you eat it fast enough, it won't fall. Very simple.


Key: Complain about this post