A Conversation for Star Wars - Starfighters of the Rebel Alliance

Tie-Fighter

Post 1

space_monkey

Those who have played the excellent Tie-Fighter game (and add-ons) by LucasArts will know all about such Rebel craft.

Of course, one does wonder why the Tie-Defender never appeared in any of the films, why the Imperials didn't win with such an advanced craft and why the Alliance sucked so badly against the unshielded Tie-Fighters of the first three Star Wars films.

Perhaps we should ask George Lucas? On second thoughts, let's not. He is a silly man and would probably try to explain it with rastafarian cgi puppets.

smiley - winkeye


Tie-Fighter

Post 2

Nick Fel

An 'in character' explaination: Because the TIE Defender (contrary to what the games will tell you - they are not canon) was not developed until after Return of the Jedi.

An 'out-of character' explaination: They weren't made up for the film, and LucasFilm doesn't possess a time machine (apparently).


Tie-Fighter

Post 3

space_monkey

Nonsense!

It's all due to the almighty $$$$$$$$$

A sad, but true, outlook.


Tie-Fighter

Post 4

Nick Fel

How so? :P


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more