A Conversation for 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' - by Lemony Snicket

LEMONY SNICKET - THE MOVIE

Post 1

Nightshade, Guardian Angel and Grey Lady

AArrgh! Nickelodeon has struck again., and plans to make a movie of Lemony Snicket. I only heard about it when I woke to the morning TV show interviewing a (?Queensland) Australian actor (Emily Browning. My name is besmirched.) about playing the part of Violet. I don't know if she looks the part. there's not a lot of info on the Web - it seems certain that Daniel Handler looks set to write the script, and Jim carrey to play COunt Olaf. Set for release about December 17, 2004.( don't know whose). Niwt - update the entry!

Nightshade smiley - goodluck

also starring jude law - that's disturbing - a friend has a crush on him. also meryl streep and liam aiken, whoever they are.


LEMONY SNICKET - THE MOVIE

Post 2

U218534

This article is back inhouse now, waiting for editorial approval. I'll post a note on the Sub's mailing list to let them know.

Joe C


LEMONY SNICKET - THE MOVIE

Post 3

.

Well, Nikelodeon did "Harriet the Spy" quite well in my opinion. Anyway, I've known about the film for a while, but didn't want to put it in the entry for a number of reasons.

Are you sure they've chosen those kids? Liam Aiken I've heard is good, Emily Browning is okay, although I'm really surprised (and pleased, and grumpy because it should be me smiley - winkeye) that they've chosen an Australian. Those kids are getting too old for the parts methinks...if they make it in 2004 Emily will be 15 and the other guy 13/14 which is older than Klaus and Violet...let alone if they make a sequel!

Anyway, if it is them, I'm glad it's not Logan O'Brien, Alexa Vega or Daveigh Chase. smiley - biggrin

Jim Carrey I have no idea what he'll be like as Olaf. I wonder...

Anyway....


LEMONY SNICKET - THE MOVIE

Post 4

quiltgoddess

The idea of Jim Carrey as Count Olaf is too horrible to imagine. Count Olaf, as anyone knows, is unutterably evil, and DOESN'T mug all the time. Jim Carrey has two modes: either he's being serious and "deep" (and is a miserable actor) or he's mugging outrageously all the time (and is, in my opinion, virtually unwatchable). In no way does he match the books' Count Olaf, and I hope Carrey's career tanks before this film gets made with him in the role.


LEMONY SNICKET - THE MOVIE

Post 5

miscellaneous

I've seen a trailer for this, and, as a devoted fan of the books, though not exactlty a small child, it looks like it may be well done. It definately looks like it'll have good dark style, and Jim Carrey actually seems menacing . . . enough.


LEMONY SNICKET - THE MOVIE

Post 6

FlowersofMoss

I'm not sure what to expect. I mean...Jim Carey? Not the expected Olaf, but it sure could turn out to be amusing.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more