Jedi Academy Rule(s)

0 Conversations


We have to have some kind of control in chaos and this is the place for it. There're not many rules but are necessary.

Continuity: We need continuity. You can't just be on one planet then suddenly on another. That's just stupid. As funny as this should be, we don't want you doing things that you can't do like flying. It's okay if you're in a ship but... you get the point! Hitting people with chickens: yes, but no defying physics!

Magical Psychic Teleporting Pixies of the Dark Order:There are some who do not not seem to know what continuity means. Your character has to know of another person's existance before you can run off with them... Meaning you can not, for 'example' suddenly be from halfway across the galaxy and take away joinees when:
you were speaking out of character in the join up thread and inform characters that there's an alternative when they clearly could not know of your existence with your suddenly having an impulse1 to just happen to be in a place to pick other characters up whom through narrative have never seen or heard from you and have impulses to be where you are at the exact moment.

Logic: Narratives and actions have to make sense. Cause and effect. If character personalities flip there has to be a reason, if your hyper drive is broken and you go off onto a planet, come back and to and so forth.

Free Will: You CANNOT control the actions of another human player ie. The character you join with. These people have free will, just like you. they need to be able to have choices. You cannot, for example, say:
*Swung lightsaber and split [person] in half*
You can however do actions that leave another player open to reaction:
*Connects lightsaber with other lightsaber and trips [person]*
This way your opponent has the ability to either fall, or backflip, or dodge etc.



Banal Threads: Don't create threads that you know will only be used once. Things like new ships accepted but areas that will never be used again for the forseeable future, no. It will only slow down the game.

Role-play: Don't expect to always win. This place is based on imagination and storytelling within an already established universe not a place for fight after fight.



Patience: A suggestion rather than a rule. If you're getting bored don't just rush off somewhere. It can make things slower especially in padawan. People can't (or at least shouldn't) be on 100% of the time. Give thought to others.



Council Perogative: It is the perogative of a Council member to enforce the rules. They make the decisions and what they say goes without arguement. If you disagree that much leave the game.



Out-of-Character threads: All arguements OOC are done here: The OOC Thread. Any other kind of OOC thread is fine in moderation but DO NOT use the game threads to verbally attack players. Joking attacks on characters are fine in moderation.




Be aware that if you leave - although we won't play as the character itself - events happening to and surrounding them can be used to further the overall story arc. We will never deny that a character has ever existed, creating a character here doesn't affect them being used in other RPs. Although what they do out there bares no relation on Academy activities.

Key:

****: Use these (* asterisks) for actions eg. *dodged falling rock*

Use triangle brackets (more than, less than signs)if you want to speak to someone out of character. It's just convienient.



Use /\/ (forward/back slashes) for radio communication. You communicate through radio by replying to the convo your person is talking to is on and not your own. (but you can describe that you are picking up a radio or transmitting etc.)

These ~~ work as Force communication. Namely message through the Force2.

Return of the Main Hub

HAVE FUN (just not at anyone else's expense!)

1Saying it was the Force won't stand2Note it is a communciation device, not a compass to where people are. Reaching out to someone involves the reciever responding in kind to talk.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1129682

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more