A Conversation for Children

why do we love/hate children?

Post 21

Viderian

"children can be...children?" as most ppl say at some point in their life. every one is differernt. some ppl luv em, others like me can't stand them. all personal taist. like the coacaine thing...some luv it, others hate it. but whats the real reason why some ppl can luv em to death while others just barly put up with their "defects?" that is what you should consider. you will understand yourself better and thus know others better as well if you ponder such a question that i ask.


why do we love/hate children?

Post 22

SMURF

I read somewhere that newborns nearly always look like their mother. This is their way of getting mum on side as she's bound to think the child is cute and therefore pamper to its every need. Kids are great. Mine has just started to walk so I'm on a bit of a high (although I'm sure that will end when the "priceless" ornament gets broken or we find that our little darling has run up a huge phone bill calling China!).

By the way, check out my user page on parenthood.


why do we love/hate children?

Post 23

SMURF

Forgot, check out parenthood at

http://www.h2g2.com/P91315


No!

Post 24

Vestboy

Everything to do with school permanently scars them.
Some of the scars are quite pretty though. I've got one in the shape of Mount Rushmore across my... but enough of that.


Priceless ornaments

Post 25

Vestboy

When my kid broke a huge vase in a museum the people went mad and said it was 3,000 years old. Just think of the fuss they would have made if it had been new!


boasting

Post 26

SMURF

I just want to do the boasting proud mum thing for a bit so please forgive me.

My Callum has started walking! Love the little cherub.


boasting

Post 27

The Duke of Dunstable

Hey! Cool! That means he'll be smashing things on tables and scratch LP:s soon! You'll have loads of fun and Kodac-moments!


boasting

Post 28

SMURF

Yeah! My only regret is that we don't have a camcorder! I mean, how else are we going to embarass him on his 18th?smiley - smiley Stills just don't cut the mustard, if you get my drift.

No breakages yet but he has figured out how to open doors which is a bit worrying!


boasting

Post 29

The Duke of Dunstable

Trust me, stories will embarass him enough. My mom told plenty to my friends, and a good story is worth a thousand sec:s of film...


boasting

Post 30

DeepCblu

film is fun....but you are right...you can beef up a good story no end..if you start this when they are young enuff...they believe it when they get bigger....hehehehehe


boasting

Post 31

The Duke of Dunstable

Only a few parents have NOT told their children that if the look croos-eyed their eyes might get stuck that way. My mom did and it scared the craps out of me. She made one huge mistake, though, by telling me that if you start a fire in the winter, it turns in to summer...smiley - winkeye


boasting

Post 32

Vestboy

We have a Callum in the house too. He's one in August and is scooting about on all fours like a mad thing.

It's not only parents who embarrass kids. A friend of mine rushed into the bathroom and took a snap of her dad in the bath. She then threatened that if he ever embarassed her she would show it to all her friends.

Yes he did and yes I've seen it. It wasn't a bubble bath.


morals and ethics...

Post 33

DeepCblu

Its sad isn't it...I remember starting out in parenthood all those years ago and swearing on my life never to tell my kids any lies or bribe them....I reckon it lasted about 9 months...now I tell myself I do it for their benefit, which of course is entirely true...hehehehehehehe

My Mum told me the face will stay like that one too....never having been too fond of my face I tried to change it several times....I remember being very disappointed to discover she lied.

The story I shall enjoy retelling the most about my eldest daughter is the one about the loo...having performed beautifully on the potty...we walked proudly to the bathroom with me praising her to the hilt for doing such an amazing poo...she was beaming with joy and I was beaming with pride as we poured it into the toilet bowl...however things took a nasty turn when as we waved it buh-bye she realised it was going to disappear and she started howling her head off and trying to climb into the toilet bowl!!

So...the question is...why am I doing this whole thing all over again...must be middleaged madness setting in!!


Toilet training

Post 34

Vestboy

Kids see what we show them whether we mean to or not.
When my eldest daughter was being toilet trained my wife was expecting our second and was very sick.
Our daughter thought that the potty was for poos and wees but when we took her into the toilet she gripped the bowl either side and made puking noises into it.


Toilet training

Post 35

The Duke of Dunstable

One thing that my daughetr adopted really fast was the telephone. She could go on and yodel into it for hours, as long as it didn't talk back at her. If there was someone on the other end talking to her, she got absolutely stunned, paralyzed. Extremely agonizing if I was away and wanted to talk to her just to hear her...


Phone shyness

Post 36

DeepCblu

I think I'd like that...phone shyness...Hmmmm...I wonder if you can teach that to a kid.....


why do we love/hate children?

Post 37

Nightfever

I phoned Oz from Ireland when I was a kid and just walking!!


boasting

Post 38

Nightfever

Try the good old idea of getting them to talk stupid and sing into an ordinary Audio tape. Worked for my parents when they recently broke out the tapes entitled "Jamie is 3" and me singing crap rhymes with my younger sister and then the sounds of a scuffle, which is when my sis began crying and my mom was shouting at me to stop hitting her...and then it went dead!

VERY humourous.


boasting

Post 39

The Duke of Dunstable

Oh, I see! The scheme of recording youngsters and let them hear their sillysounding selves has been done also, and this is why people all over the world are reluctant to leave messages on other peoples answeringmachines!


Phone shyness

Post 40

The Duke of Dunstable

Of course anything you try to scare a kid off the phone with will expire once the kid reaches puberty...


Key: Complain about this post