A Conversation for Creating and Designing Your Own Print Ads

factual bitiching

Post 1

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

sorry to raise this, but after verious 2 or 3, Adobe bought out Aldus, so for the last 10 odd years it has been Adobe Pagemaker. Accidently used Aldus insead of Adobe in an interview and didn't get the job!
From using both, I'd say that In Desgin and Pagemaker are both fairy high end programs, compared with the more simple Microsoft Publisher and Serif Pageplus products, so calling Pagemaker a better than nothing program is uncalled for.


factual bitiching

Post 2

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Ah... Adobe bought them out, huh? That's important, and it's something I didn't realize. Thanks!

Pagemaker really *is* better than nothing! When you compare it with Microsoft Publisher, it looks like a really good program, but in the publishing world, it's sluggish and inflexible. Things have probably changed since I used Pagemaker in college (they would have had to!) My point was that the best tool for creating advertising materials would be either InDesign or Quark. Pagemaker is less powerful and more affordable. The new Pagemaker 7.0 has a PDF creator, which is actually pretty cool.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Creating and Designing Your Own Print Ads

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more