A Conversation for How to Successfully Claim for Compensation from the Royal Mail

Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 1

Bass_line_junkie

The maximum compensation for First and Second Class mail and Recorded Delivery2 is £28. Now the thing thats wrong is 1st and 2nd class mail dosen't carry any compensation value because they're non trackable.


Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 2

Secretly Not Here Any More

Wierd that, I'm sure I paid someone £28 for a lost first class package. My manager said it was ok too... smiley - winkeye


Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 3

The H2G2 Editors


Amended smiley - cheers


Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 4

Secretly Not Here Any More

Listen mate, I work for the customer services in Salford and we pay out up to £28 for lost or damaged first and second class parcels, ok?
That should not have been amended, if you don't believe me, phone the customer services centres. Want me to find you a phone number?

That needs changing back, and changing back sharpish. Of all the others who have read this entry that work for RMCS, none of them has claimed that I got that bit wrong. And I think it's a bit negligent of you not to double check these facts before you change them.

I don't know which part of Royal Mail this guy works for but if you look at the "Wahey" bit of this conversation forum you will see this:

Posted 23 Hours Ago by Ferrettbadger, When I play football tonight I shall make Zidane look second rate!
Well I work for Royal Mail Customer Service in Plymouth and this article is spot on!

So that's two people working for the customer services who are saying its right as opposed to one who may drive the vans (no offence) saying it's wrong.

Please change it back asap.

Thankyou, Andy.


Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 5

Secretly Not Here Any More

So is this going to be changed back? Or am I just going to be ignored by the editors, I mean, I only spent hours writing the entry.

As you can tell I'm fairly annoyed that my article was changed without consulting me and without checking the facts.


Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 6

The H2G2 Editors

Woah there... it's changed back.

The reason it was changed in the first place is that your reply:

>>> Wierd that, I'm sure I paid someone £28 for a lost first class package. My manager said it was ok too.

... comes across as you may be mistaken. So we erred on the side of caution and amended it. You corrected us again, as is the beauty of h2g2, and everything is back as it was.

Thanks for a great entry.


Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 7

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Just to add a bit of validity to what Andy is saying, he is quite right; I have worked for RMCS for four years and he is quite correct.


Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 8

Secretly Not Here Any More

Ta Ferret, glad everything's sorted now...


Wrong bit ( i work for them)

Post 9

Bass_line_junkie

I think i should put my hand up and say I WAS WRONG i thought it was for a standard parcell smiley - sorry to all the fine royal mail workers, smiley - erm get to work smiley - laugh.

Standard (not recored or special) compensation is available for loss or damage up to a maximum of £20. You should apply for compensation within a maximum of one year from posting the item (unless it was posted under a standard parcel contract which specified that claims have to be made within 30 days).

smiley - somersault


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more