A Conversation for Finding and Eliminating Fleas on Your Cat

Flat Cats

Post 1

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Or as we say here, apartment cats. The subject usually is hotly debated with lots of people saying that cats should be able to be outdoors. Personally, since I live in the city on a fairly busy street 5 floors above, I have little option other than letting them out on a lead in non-flea times of the year. Since cats mostly remain in a kitten state, transferring their bonding from their mother to their owner, I don't think it is a bad thing for them.


Flat Cats

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Indoor cats also live about 2-3 times as long as those who go outdoors, on average -- good enough reason for me, right there.

When people start harping on me that my cats don't get outside, I point out that

a) it's illegal to let cats out without a leash where I live
b) my oldest cat sometimes goes with me to the park or sits on the back patio, but she's not interested in going more than 3 feet away from me. My 2 other cats have never showed any interest in even going on the patio, although they like watching the birds and squirrels through the window.
c) one of my cats is disabled, and it would not be safe to let her alone outside, as she would not be capable of defending herself.

smiley - 2cents from smiley - mouse


Flat Cats

Post 3

zendevil


Great to see i am not alone, i feel horribly guilty that Yoda now has to be a flat cat, previously she could go outdoors, but in this place it is totally impossible.

She spends a lot of time in her special box in the window, watching the world go by & seems generally happy enough; she is very very attached to me, as you say, kitten tosmiley - cat mummy stuff; and has a huge sack of toys, plus 3 floors to run around in, she has free reign within the house; nonetheless i feel bad that she can't go out & people do sometimes give me the "oh poorsmiley - cat!" trip.

zdt


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more