A Conversation for Vasectomy - Male Sterilisation

Thanks

Post 1

benjaminpmoore

Am I really the first person to discuss this entry after a year? Shameful! Well, thanks GB, it's been most helpful.


Thanks

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I assume it's been read, but no-one wanted to talk about it. As you're here, I'll offer my services.

smiley - cuddle


Thanks

Post 3

benjaminpmoore

Well I guess it was never going to be the most vocally recieved entry was it? Doesn't matter, it's a good thing you put it in, well done.


Thanks

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thank you smiley - smiley

I wasn't sure I was qualified to write it, but I hope I treated the subject sympathetically, and in layman's terms rather than medical. Plus there were a few stories in PRsmiley - yikesfrom those_who_had_it - mostly smiley - ok

I like the "plumbing" bit so much that I'm using the same description in my upcoming "Haematuria" entry (blood in the urine) A23097404 - I am also unaffected by this but have put it together for a friend with contributions from others I've found onsite.

It's a fine line writing an Entry about a medical procedure, we're not allowed to give medical advice (obviously) but personal advice is what's needed at times like this. Stuff I would have been grateful to read about as I have faced examinations, I'm now writing about so other people get a general idea.

This kind of feedback F7487435?thread=4260805 - and yours - is why I write.

smiley - smiley


Thanks

Post 5

Taxman

Speaking as one who had the "snip" about 15 years ago my wife and I had to speak to our doctor at great length before deciding to go ahead with the op. We had to consider what would we do if our daughter suffered some kind of fatality plus I had to think about the possibility of my wife leaving me (or vice versa). These were only two scenarios we had to take account of.

We decided that I would have the operation because for a woman to be sterilised is a major piece of surgery (by comparison). We decided to only have one child for a number of reasons. Difficult pregnancy and money being the main ones. Yes, we would have liked our daughter to have had a brother or sister but we believe we made the right decision - for us, that is.

I had mine done under general anaesthetic (I didn't want to know what was happening "down there" smiley - yikessmiley - yuk) and before they would let me out of hospital I had to pee just to make sure the right tube had been cut. I walked out of hospital like John Wayne but without the horse under him smiley - bruised, had two weeks off work and my daughter is now 16 and spoiled rotten! And I'm still with my wife, too smiley - love.

Excellent entry, by the way.


Thanks

Post 6

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thanks for the feedback smiley - smiley and well done, you brave soldiersmiley - winkeye


Thanks

Post 7

electricsupersid

I also had the snip.
Since I had a hydrocele, mine was done under GA. So what with the hydrocele issue and the vasectomy, I have been examined by a good number of doctors, operated on by another and also had an ultra sound scan done. The first time I was examined it was embarassing, and unexpected as I thought I was only going for councelling.
The by the time I had the snip the embarassment was far less.

If anyone wants to ask me about any of this then feel free to.


Thanks

Post 8

benjaminpmoore

While that is a very generous offer, I've already had more information than I really wanted. smiley - evilgrin Just one question though- did you experience any long term discomfort?


Thanks

Post 9

electricsupersid

Only had it done a couple of months ago and was Ok within two weeks, though back in work within the week. Took advice and did nothing for the first two days.

Some do have it worse than myself.


Thanks

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thank you for being brave enough to share and post, electricsupersid smiley - smiley

Would you consider writing up your experience as a companion piece for my Entry? I'd be edited then be useful for anyone else facing the same op.

smiley - cheers


Thanks

Post 11

electricsupersid

I'll give it a go. New to the site so will have to work it out.


Thanks

Post 12

benjaminpmoore

I think that's an excellent idea. And with the vital backing of the people who brought you entries such as 'How to Watch England in the Football World Cup' and 'Supporting Tennis players at Wimbledon' you can't fail smiley - ok.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Vasectomy - Male Sterilisation

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more