A Conversation for 'Lost in La Mancha' - the Ultimate Disaster Movie

The producers

Post 1

Norton II

What I most remember about this film is the sheer clownish stupidity of the film's producers. The warehouse 'studio' wasn't the wosrt of it. They cocked up the logistics from beginning to end and then tried to fire the first assistant director- the only guy on set who knew what he was doing! Also the fact that planes from a NATO base kept overflying the set and ruining the shots- despite promising they wouldn't do so. And Gilliam right in the middle of all this bloody chaos, endlessly optimistic, saying stuff like "no, it was WORSE on Munchashen, we didn't even have costumes on the first day!" Until his first assistant director tells him, when production collapses, "you're not going to be able to make the film you wnated to make." And his face falls... So sad.
Good entry. Any idea if Gilliam is closer to getting it made? Is Depp still involved?


The producers

Post 2

[...]

As far as I know, he's raising the money to buy the script back from the insurers.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more