A Conversation for Great Board Games

do you remember ?

Post 1

shellocke

As a child I used to love to play board games, it always made me feel so relaxed and seemed to have the same affect on the people around me. Of course trying to convince my own children that board games can be real fun is harder, they don't have the same appeal as the graphics on a computer game.
I have managed to get my kids playing the traditional favourites such as monopoly and scrabble but one of my all time favourites dosen't seem to be around anymore and that was 'the game of life.'
In this game mum, dad and kids drive around in a car doing challenges and earning cash, it was great, I'd loive to know what became of it!
Incidentally in our house we have the UK, US and star wars versions of Monopoly to add variation and fun to the traditional family favourite, there are now regional variations of the UK game as well, such as the Manchester edition.
Yes I love monopoly!


do you remember ?

Post 2

Lorithian

I have the Star Wars monoply, too, and The Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.....
One game I don't see mentioned here is Parcheesi, the Indian(as in Asia) game that spawned the game Sorry! in the US. It had four players, each a different color, and the point was to go forward and move your pieces 'home' while stomping on your opponents and forcing them back. That was pure, evil fun.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more