A Conversation for Wedding Etiquette

Pagan weddings and no fuss

Post 1

Kaz

You can avoid all the stuff by not inviting anyone at all! We had our pagan wedding on Lughnasadh the 31 July 2000. We asked nature to witness our vow of togetherness through all eternity.

We then did the paperwork one on Beltaine the 1 May 2003, invited minimal people, no dresses, no speeches, no photographer, no flowers etc. Oh apart from a sprig of hawthorn which is sacred on Beltaine. We then went out for chinese and everybody had fun and remained relaxed.


Pagan weddings and no fuss

Post 2

Bellman

We had a christian wedding with no fuss 28 years ago. Less fuss than yours even because we didn't have to do any separate paperwork afterwards.


Pagan weddings and no fuss

Post 3

Bagpuss

Anyone else reminded of "Spaceballs" here?

"The short short version. Do you?"
"Yes."
"Do you?"
"Yes."
"Right, you're married. Kiss 'er!"

(Apologies for mangling the script).


Pagan weddings and no fuss

Post 4

Kaz

Hi Bellman, thats the joys of having your faith accepted by government!


Pagan weddings and no fuss

Post 5

Bellman

<>

Funnier than you think. If we'd have got married at my church (Baptist) we'd have had to get civil approval for it. We went to my wife's (Anglican) church instead.


Pagan weddings and no fuss

Post 6

Kaz

The irony?! smiley - biggrin


Pagan weddings and no fuss

Post 7

Bagpuss

Dunno. I've never been quite sure about those Baptist types myself.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more