A Conversation for The Moors Murders

The Moors Murders

Post 1

LMScott

Very well researched and exceedingly well written as usual G.B. Nothing wrong with that, it is as it should be our history good and bad recorded accurately.

This point of view is not applicable to those who would cash in on the terrible memories inflicted on the surviving relatives of those little victims of Brady and Hindley.

I refer in particular to the wet mouthed Lord Longford who attached himself to Hindley, Myra he called her as he fought to gain her freedom with but one object in mind, to write that personal autobiography and share the proceeds.

Thank goodness neither of them made it, sufficient to emphasise that every attempt to free Hindley was pure Hell for Keith Bennet's aged mother and Leslie Ann Downey's remaining relations.

How do I know these facts so well? I will tell you, I know because I was there. I was there on duty at Manchester Central Station the night the horrific tapes of Leslie Ann's torturing by Hindley and Brady accompanied by the terrified tearful cries for her mother's help, were recovered from the left luggage office.

This was the night that seasoned, hardened police officers with small children, wept openly as the tapes were played to them.

Later my partner's and I assisted in the fruitless search for Keith Bennet's body on those lonely moors as Brady continued his attempts to inflict pain and suffering on the relatives of his victims.

It is wise to consider that only a few weeks before these terrible crimes were committed the official hangman had been made redundant, the deterrent to such horrors had been removed.


The Moors Murders

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thank you. I wrote it for my father, and he was very pleased with the end result. The first draft was more emotional and I had to edit it to get it through the peer review process.

I can remember my father weeping when he came home from work when the trial ended. I was the same age as Lesley Anne when she was tortured and killed. I don't think there was an adult in the country who was unaffected. Generations to come will learn of the evil that man (and woman) can do and those poor children will be prayed for and never be forgotten.

smiley - rose


The Moors Murders

Post 3

micky2107

hi

Im doing a media studies project on the representation of myra hindly and rose west in the media at the time

Can anyone help?


The Moors Murders

Post 4

Garmin_UK

LMScott was you a Police Dog Handler at that time to?


The Moors Murders

Post 5

Garmin_UK

WAHT DID GB WRITE PLEASE I CAN'T SEE IT?


The Moors Murders

Post 6

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I wrote the entry which this conversation is attached to: A10177355


The Moors Murders

Post 7

Garmin_UK

One is none the wiser were it starts etc!


The Moors Murders

Post 8

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - ermIt starts at the beginning with a quote by BBC news correspondent Peter Gould, then I begin writing with "Ian Brady and his girlfriend Myra Hindley..."

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva


The Moors Murders

Post 9

Garmin_UK

CHEERS ME DUCK! (o)>


The Moors Murders

Post 10

Garmin_UK

Do you or anyone else have the exact Map Positions of where the poor children were buried on Saddleworth Moor..as I may have a theory...


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Moors Murders

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more