A Conversation for Baldur's Gate - the Computer Game Series

Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 1

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

I have gone through every single map and most of the Baldur's Gate city itself and have never ever seen, nor heard mention of, where this freaking helmet is. I know it exists as I have gotten it with a cheat code before but cannot find it anywhere. Nobody else I've talked to has been able to find it either, and I'm beginning to think it only exists as a cheat. Having managed to get every other item of any significance and likely being one of the few people who literally know almost everything, if not everything, about the game this is understandably driving me nuts. Will someone please give me even the barest clue?!


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 2

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Anybody. Anybody at all...


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 3

U182074

Try posting on the baldur's gate board at www.gamefaqs.com . They should give you an answer there. Personally, I can't remember, although I am sure that the item exists via a CLUA code, as you mentioned - but I can't remember if/where it is in the game...

Good luck!


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 4

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Thank you muchly. smiley - ok


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 5

U182074

No problem!


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 6

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Well that didn't work. *drums fingers* Does anybody else have a suggestion?


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 7

U182074

Hmm....

Try downloading a faq for Baldur's Gate, and see if it is mentioned anywhere there. Perhaps www.planetbaldursgate.com might help?? GameFAQs should have an FAQ, and you could try bumping your post on the forums there, if you didn't get a reply.

However, thinking about it again, I'm not so sure that the Helm you're talking about is in the game. I remember very clearly (heh) the girdle of sex-change, but I think the helmet of change alignment may have just been a CLUA code.

Good luck all the same!


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 8

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

I already read an entire walkthrough once (smiley - online2long). And I would agree with you about it only being a CLUA code except that a friend of mine claims he found it in the expansion. He is of course being an smiley - evilgrinsmiley - devil however, and won't tell me where it is.


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 9

5th Earth (speaker to the void)

It is possible that the item in question is only available as a secret--that is, there is no way in the normal game to acquire it. Such a thing has happened before.


Helmet of Change Alignment

Post 10

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Actually I went to Planet Baldurs Gate and they say it's in the expansion too. But I only got that just recently and haven't played it through yet.

smiley - boing


Key: Complain about this post