A Conversation for Tips on How to Live in a Shared Household

Ear Plugs

Post 1

Myjo - Keeper of Decisions That Should Never be Made on Two Hours of Sleep



Granted, I have not had a roommate since leaving home, but I do live in an extremely noisy apartment building. Add to that the fact that I'm an incredibly light sleeper, and the result was many near-sleepless nights listening to the bar hoppers stumbling through the courtyard or the couple next door going at it.

Then I decided to try wearing ear plugs at night, and I found that they quite literally changed my life. I can now just pop them in and enjoy a peaceful night's rest. Some say they can't sleep with them in, but for me it was simply a matter of getting used to them. The down side is that now I find it even more impossible to sleep without them. Still, I swear by them, and heartily recommend them to anyone who has noisy roommates.

Myjo smiley - sleepy


Ear Plugs

Post 2

skugga (ACE), keeper of shadows, lots of rats, no betta splendens anymore and badly drawn vampires

There is one big problem about ear plugs...

I unfortunatly shared a flat with 3 DJs some years ago. I was the only person who actually had to get up in the mornings to go to work, so I really needed some sleep. My roommates on the other hand practised (3 different styles of music...), had parties and invited lots of people. No sleep possible without ear plugs - and no chance to hear the alarm clock with them...

It took me six very sleepless months to find another flat. Talking to those guys was merely impossible, they just thought of me as uncool smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more