A Conversation for Determination of Eye Colour

Thanks

Post 1

SallyM

This article was written originally by SallyM, but she wants to make sure credit is given to Potholer who has helped out enormously with the red eye information and Ugi who helped out with the genetics information.

Thankyou

SallyM smiley - smiley


Thanks

Post 2

Xanatic

But I still don't know why my eyes change color.


Thanks

Post 3

SallyM

In what way do they change?

Is it the iris or the white bit around the outside? Is it over a long or short time?

SallyM smiley - smiley


Thanks

Post 4

SallyM

In what way do they change?

Is it the iris or the white bit around the outside? Is it over a long or short time?

SallyM smiley - smiley


Thanks

Post 5

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

Hi there
smiley - biggrin

I just stumbled across this page and wanted to say that my eyes change colour too... smiley - bigeyes

My eyes seem to be predominantly green, but they can range between being a dull colour, almost grey (which seems to correspond to when I am feeling lethargic or dull) to being a very vivid emerald colour (usually when I'm feeling an extreme of an emotion, i.e. excited or angry).


Thanks

Post 6

Xanatic

I have heard someone say it has to do with emotion. I`ve never really thought about that with my eyes, at what times they change color. I don't quite know what the mechanims could be either.


Thanks

Post 7

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

Well in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), the emotion of anger is associated with the colour green, and the Liver (which is the TCM view of the 'system' of the Liver, not the western view of the physical liver organ...) is associated with this emotion, and it's channel 'opens into the eyes'...........
Maybe something to do with why my eyes get more green when I'm angry perhaps??

As for a western interpretation, I have no idea! smiley - doh


Thanks

Post 8

SallyM

Ok I don't know for definate, but it could be to do with the blood supply to the eye in times of emotion. More blood (in times when the adrenaline kicks in) would add more red to the colour combination. I'll try and find out as soon as term starts and i'm settled, i'm just having a manic few days and havent really got my head back into the learning state yet.

SallyM smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more