A Conversation for The UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT)

How compulsory is compulsory?

Post 1

AgProv2

Errr...

when you say

"The test is compulsory for almost everyone who wants to apply to the following universities:"

and then you list "University of East Anglia, Norwich", I'm assuming this only applies to student nurses and doctors, and not, say, to anyone doing English Lit or Creative Writing in Scandiwegian?

The way it's written, it sounds as if *every* UEA undergrad has to do thi test regardless of course, which would leave a lot of surprised-looking arties down at the Sainsbury Centre for Fine Art and Double-Barrelled Names looking nonplussed.


I concede that if every UEA undergrad had to pass this test it would probably lead to brighter and better undergraduates all round, but it's not yet compulsory for History, EngLit, Foreign Languages, Ecology, et c?

Yours, trying to get out of premod by not being *too* sarky to the mods or treading on any delicate toes around Radio Two....





Key: Complain about this post

How compulsory is compulsory?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more