A Conversation for Commuting by Bicycle in the UK

Bikes and Trains

Post 1

Steve

Commuting on a bike is great for your health, and the environment but sometimes you just can't ride fast enough to get to work on time! The alternative? Ride to the station - jump on a train - and ride onto work when you get to the station you need, simple.

Most train companies allow you to take your bike on-board of a train. Some have restrictions during rush hour, but if you contact your local train company they will be able to advise you.

Trains into central London are often restricted, and most central stations will not allow full-sized bikes in them at all. The answer is folding bikes. Most train companies allow folding bikes - so you can bike to the station, fold, ride and then unfold at the other end! Take a look at http://www.mycommuterbike.co.uk for more information on commuter bikes and folding bikes. Be green, get fit. Cycle!


Key: Complain about this post

Bikes and Trains

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more