A Conversation for Buying Beer in Australia

beer glasses

Post 1

Researcher 202573

anyone got some pictures of a australian beer glasses? - Its so difficult to explain to these north americans! (particularly trying to explain a schooner.... and affirm that no, we dont drink beer by the boat load)


beer glasses

Post 2

Researcher 214767

The National Health and Medical Research Centre [NHMRC] compiles advice for C'wealth and State/Territory Health Departments on recommended drinking patterns to minimise acute and long term harm. Part of that is to define and advertise the concept of "standard drinks" which - as readers of the Australian beer glasses thread will be aware - is easier said than done with so much variation. Their document "Australian Alcohol Guidelines: Health risks and benefits" [http://www.health.gov.au/nhmrc/publications/pdf/ds9.pdf] has an illustration inside the back cover that shows some of the different vessels from different States and Territories in comparison with notes about the number of standard drinks each contain.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more