A Conversation for Elizabeth Bathory - the Blood Countess

A good book on the subject.

Post 1

FG

Andrei Codrescu's "The Blood Countess" is a first-person recounting of Bathory's life. It's a highly enjoyable read about a not always enjoyable subject.


A good book on the subject.

Post 2

Researcher Talin

But it wasn't true! I read Andrei's book and while it was a good read it wasn't at all historical about the REAL Countess. I was mildly dissapointed with it.


A good book on the subject.

Post 3

dieblutegraf

Both Valentine Penrose and McNally are the leading experts on her Ladyship, though I have not been able to get a copy of the Codrescu book after several tries via Amazon.com (I heard it is now out of print). Interestingly, I found the McNally book online for $30.00!


A good book on the subject.

Post 4

TerrenceMr

I glanced this over in a book store and found it disgusting. There was no attempt to find any facts, just an insane accounting of supposed torture details to titillate sick people who should look into their souls to see what is there.

Whoever this woman was, she deserves an accurate accounting not some mentally ill travesty.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more