A Conversation for Gravity

Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 21

andysfoam

If the energy density ( of the space-time foam sheet ) is continually flowing from volumes of high space-time pressure into volumes of lower space-time pressure. Then the question is, how fast does gravity move? Well Energy density is measured in units of joules per meter cubed, and a joule of energy is described by the equation, energy = mass times velocity of light times velocity of light, 9 x 10^16 meters per second.. For a much better explanation see; www.metareasearch.org/cosmology/speed_of_gravity. Newton assumed gravity acts instantly at infinite speed, meta reasearch's web page suggests gravity speed is well above light speed squared!.. gravity speed( rate of energy flow ), should be found somewhere between c-squared and infinity.


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 22

andysfoam

Gravitational pressure can be calculated by using P = (gravitational force/r^2),and by P=r.rho.g pascals,if all test masses are assumed to be = 1kg,then rho=1/r^3, G=r^3/t^2, g=G./r^2, giving P=r.rho.g which simplifies to, P=1/r.t^2 pascals. Hence pressure is restored nearer to the average space-time expansion energy density 9x10^-10j/m^3, as the separation distance "r" meters, increases, and is also further restored by increase in the travel time squared = t^2 seconds. Proving that gravitational pressure takes time to travel from higher to lower pressure in order to compensate for a pressure reduction caused by the presence of mass. Of course since pressure travels above light speed squared,that makes light speed very slow by comparison!


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 23

andysfoam

The energy contained in whatever form for an electron is given by E=mc^2, where the electron mass is approx,81.9X10^-15 joules. It's frequency should be given by, E/h or, 81.9x10^-15 over 6.62x10-34 = 1234x10^17 hertz.And it's wave length = c/f or approx, 2.4x10^-12 meters. Since the Pressure of energy,in what ever form, is given by the equation P= energy divided by volume in pascals, it should be possible to work out an electrons pressure profile! so here is my scrap paper and pen attempt. Pressure, P = E / (wave length number,l x wave length,2.4 x 10^-12)^3 pascals, for l=10^0, P=5.7 x 10^21 pascals. for l=10^1, P=5.7 x 10^18. for l=10^2, P=5.7 x 10^15. for l=10^3, P=5.7 x 10^12. for l=10^4, P=5.7 x 10^9. for l=10^5. P=5.7 x 10^6. for l, where the internal electron pressure is equal to the vacuum free space energy density P=10^-9,pascals,then the number of wave lengths l=approx,1.9 x 10^10 or in meters the electron radius of influence is, approx,0.0464 or 46.4 cm. How can an electron be a point particle when it's energy density has variable volume depending on the strength of the vacuum energy density?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 24

andysfoam

Pressure=energy divided by volume, p=m*c squared divided by the volume,since there is nothing to stop you choosing as large a volume as you like,this suggests that no matter how large the volume of space,it will always have a portion of the energy m*c^2 within it. Thus you can put the mass for an electron, or proton, or neutron, into the equation p=m*c^2/v for any v, and still obtain a value for it's pressure.Hence it's pressure extends in all directions,only being stopped when it reaches another pressure centre(particle) along one direction, in other directions it would continue outwards untill meeting other pressure centres. By this means pressure can pass on inertia instantly to the surrounding universe,for example,the way a pedal transfers pressure from your foot to the car brake pads via hydraulics.The expansion energy density of free space could therefor be the sum of all the pressures at any point and time chosen.The pressure equation,electron mass*c^2/v gives a pressure value far higher than the surrounding expansion energy density for the clasical electron radius,providing repulsive pressure to other electrons that get this close. Electrons at near distances that produce pressure values lower than the surrounding expansion energy density will be attracted to each other,due to the shadow effect.


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 25

andysfoam

Sorry forgot to give you the pressure equation P = mass of particle * frequency of the particle squared divided by the number of wave lengths from the particle to the test particle cubed * particle wave length, P = m*f*f/n*n*n*lambda Have you noticed the frequency squared part of the equation? If the particle internally vibrates,then is it because it might be receiving incomming spherical pressure waves from other particles, which are reflected back out again from the mirror like high pressure particle centre? Remember these waves are not light, but could be the so called " dark energy expansion pressure ". Pressure maintains contact continuously, it does not have to travel at light speed, since it's already at it's destination!


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 26

Firehawk46064

I believe the secret to explaining the phenomenon we call GRAVITY will be found here:

http://www.hfml.ru.nl/froglev.html

These scientists have made a machine that will FLOAT organic NON FERROUS objects!!! There is a movie of a floating strawberry and floating water spheres.

Large objects just as THE EARTH and the SUN contain LARGE amounts of MATTER. Which are just LARGE COLLECTIONS of particles with electrical charges that are aggregating around a POINT in space. (center of the earth / center of the sun)

It takes LARGE amounts of these particles to create a difference large enough to create a gravitational field.

Diamagnetic Levitation machines compensate for lack of "matter" by SUPER FREEZING material. I think you can get the same effect of having large mass by FREEZING a smaller mass (making it more/ super dense). Look at the frog that is levitated using the machine. Notice the frog is NOT made of iron! It is organic material that is LESS DENSE... but the surrounding contraption used to suspend this frog is FROZEN to a very low temperature and is super dense thus causing a LARGE differential in potential energy which allows the frog to "float" or find it's center point at a focal point related to the frozen portions of the machine.

Perhaps the void of the universe is the FROZEN SUPERDENSE medium by which the earth and sun find their focal points.

Firehawk of Indiana
[email protected]


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 27

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit reading the last message
"smiley - sadface Gravity has many properties in common with magnetic fields.

However the experiment as you point to excludes magnetism as a source of gravity simply by the fact we know of magnetism. We would not if it was the cause of gravity.

Magnetic fields strong enough to influence non ferro materials would be noticed. "


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 28

andysfoam

The book" Schrodinger`s Universe" by Milo Wolff, explains that gravity is due to an increase of energy density near high mass objects. While this will increases the energy(frequency) of the object`s standing waves, between it and the test mass, it also increases the number of standing wave nodes, thus reducing the standing wave amplitude. This amplitude is directly proportional to number of resonances(particles) and inversely proportional to the separation distance (node number*wave length). The sum of waves from other objects at greater distance than the test mass may push at a higher total amplitude.


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 29

andysfoam

From a light bulb, a lesser number of photons of blue light are emitted when compared with the number of red photons emitted, so it could be a similar thing, that is happening, with gravitons? But the existence of the Graviton remains to be proved? If space-time is the exchange of bosons, between leptons, then gravity only makes sense for large numbers of gravitons. With zero exchange space-time vanishes?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 30

andysfoam

A Photon worth of energy is exchanged between electrons by way of the individual electrons e-m fields, one orbital looses energy while the other orbital eventually gains it. What type of fields do the Gravitons interact with, assuming space time is explained by the scaler number of Graviton emitted? ( tried Wikipedia, not much help).


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 31

andysfoam

Found an interesting document about the strength of gravity on arxiv.org/abs/0707.4308v1 which sets out to prove that the strength of gravity is reduced by the number of protons that exist in the universe. Nice idea, if you accept that most of the protons involved are in the past, and may not be around any more? Also both gravitons and virtual gravitons may only exist as an idea? Anyway why is no consideration given to the frequency spectrum of gravity, if a photon has one why not a graviton, or virtual graviton?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 32

andysfoam

See arXiv.org/abs/0707.4308v1 Is there any scientific evidence that might suggest a link between the value of Newtons gravitational constant `G` and the change in the number of protons & neutrons, brought about by nuclear processes (fusion or fission)? For instance, is there a change in `G` close to a Super Nova?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 33

andysfoam

If the Gravitational constant "G" were to change locally for the duration of an event, such as a Nova, does it mean that there is more than one type of time? Macro Entropy type arrow of time, and graviton exchange between sub-atomic orbitals, time?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 34

andysfoam

A locally adjusting " G " could reduce the assumed smallest length possible, the Planck Length, since " lp " equals " h * G / c^3 "? How will Quantum Gravity theory overcome this hiccup?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 35

andysfoam

Sorry, in the previous equation I should have said, Planck`s length squared. Anyway does the total number of sub-atomic particles `N~10^40`change locally, if so then the assumed minimum Planck`s area, could no longer be relied upon. lp^2=h(gN)/c^3?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 36

andysfoam

If you can no longer rely on there being a minimum length, then atoms falling into a singularity could shrink forever, never quite reaching what ever zero is( see Tom Potters Laws at,www.tompotter.us/number.html)? If the number of atoms remains the same then G & mass is unchanged as the time-space contracts?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 37

andysfoam

An enveloping singularity contracts time-space, atoms need to keep their mass( and particle Numbers ) constant while loosing energy otherwise how can they shrink and stay within the surrounding contracting time-space? After a quick web search, found, www.crownedanarchist.com/shrinking ,maybe this theory about relativity has some more answers?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 38

andysfoam

Do atoms being contracted by shrinking time-space loose any energy? Not if their internal particle energy`s (frequency`s) were to increase to compensate? Is a neutron star actually made of neutrons, or is it made from atoms with relatively higher internal particle energy`s ( Planck`s constant multiplied by internal frequency )? Do gravitons emitted by the atoms making up a neutron star, have a higher internal frequency, and hence gravitons from a singularity an even higher frequency?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 39

andysfoam

See `The Big Shrink` by Richard Quist, at www.richardquist.com ,which suggests that relativity needs to be examined from the point of view of contracting time dilation, beginning around the time of the big bang, up to today. It might be that the speed of light is relative to changes in time dilation, light speed could have been higher in the past, since parts of the universe may age at differing dilation rates?


Why is gravity a force rather than just a distortion?

Post 40

andysfoam

When Marcus Chown`s article in "NS" asks," could our three dimensions be the ultimate cosmic illusion? ", does the assumed plank length-sized pixel squares, which form the surface of a holographic 2D sphere, take into account their dependence upon the total number of point-particles embedded in the sphere surface?


Key: Complain about this post