A Conversation for Conspiracy Theories

Ultimate conspiracy

Post 1

Martin

The ultimate conspiracy theory is the one staring you in the face, the concept of conspiracy theory itself is the ultimate conspiracy theory.
What's going on while you research X-files and search for the truth, or to be more accurate, "a" truth, the truth that suites you.


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 2

Researcher 191153

How about the BIGGEST of them all - Religion.

Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Christianity...

They all insist that you believe WITHOUT QUESTION!!
Throughout history, religion has been used to justify all manner of unsavoury activities. Be it the witch hunts carried out by Matthew Hopkins, under the auspices of Witchfinder General right up to modern times, Sept 11th World Trade Center.
Religion can be used by unscrupulous people to carry out such acts because it denies proof. Actions can be taken because they are deemed to be morally "correct". This is done on a regular basis by Govermnents across the planet, and the moral code they use is the primary religion in that country. The problem is, however that due to it's abiguous nature this code can be manipulated.
What about the religion itself? Where did it come from? Did someone in the Eastern Mediterranean sit down about 2002+ years ago and decide to spin us a yarn about how to be nice to each other? Nice try mate. He/she (better not annoy the Political Correctness people. Don't start me on that one!) would be turning in his/her grave to see how it all turned out.
Your entire life is ruled by a collection of stories made (if you are Christian) more than 2002 years ago, and no-one knows who really wrote them. Is there a God? Have you met him? Does he wear sneakers?
The one thing that you can be certain of is that someone is watching you!
Try this on for size. Given that a Supreme being DID exist, how can it be possible for ALL the world's religions to be right. Surely there can only be ONE God?


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 3

Researcher 191153

How about the BIGGEST of them all - Religion.

Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Christianity...

They all insist that you believe WITHOUT QUESTION!!
Throughout history, religion has been used to justify all manner of unsavoury activities. Be it the witch hunts carried out by Matthew Hopkins, under the auspices of Witchfinder General right up to modern times, Sept 11th World Trade Center.
Religion can be used by unscrupulous people to carry out such acts because it denies proof. Actions can be taken because they are deemed to be morally "correct". This is done on a regular basis by Governments across the planet, and the moral code they use is the primary religion in that country. The problem is, however that due to it's abiguous nature this code can be manipulated.
What about the religion itself? Where did it come from? Did someone in the Eastern Mediterranean sit down about 2002+ years ago and decide to spin us a yarn about how to be nice to each other? Nice try mate. He/she (better not annoy the Political Correctness people. Don't start me on that one!) would be turning in his/her grave to see how it all turned out.
Your entire life is ruled by a collection of stories made (if you are Christian) more than 2002 years ago, and no-one knows who really wrote them. Is there a God? Have you met him? Does he wear sneakers?
The one thing that you can be certain of is that someone is watching you!
Try this on for size. Given that a Supreme being DID exist, how can it be possible for ALL the world's religions to be right. Surely there can only be ONE God?


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 4

the Mighty Frankfurter

One God, yes. But haven't you ever read Terry Pratchett? HE(God, not Terry) just wears different disguises for every different religion, thus fooling people and getting more believers that way.
Doesn't nearly every religion say to be cool to each other???
Hmmmmmm...


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 5

Noggin the Nog

In religion HE is responsible for everything. In conspiracy theory THEY are responsible for everything. Either way I'M not responsible for anything. And anybody who says otherwise is an agent of THEM. And all evidence to the contrary is a plant. And you can't prove otherwise. I know it's true because I believe it. And so on.... about time some people grew up, eh?


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 6

2tall

There is no God sorry to tell you this. I believe that the creator of the universe is called the Almighty and nothing else end of. Religion is the biggest contradiction of them all. Think about the bible for 1 minute, if what went on today as to what the bible said went on then the vast majority of the worlds population would be in mental hospitals sufering from delussions and the likes.

2tall


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 7

Researcher 205179

I would tend to agree that there is no god. logically it seems to far fetched and improbable to be correct so occams razor sorts that out. allthough probability theory would tend to state that even though there is very little chance that god exists there is a chance (tiny though it is) that one does exist. I could explain but it takes a while and I have a lecture to get to soon. may put it down later if anyone wants.


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 8

Researcher 206299

Oh NO! This information is as disturbing as finding there is no Santa Claus.

I too believe there is a creator - however I believe that whenever unexplicable actions happened to early man, the creator was actually any way to explain and thus became an early form of "religion".

But heck there are enough contradictions in life without my input!


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 9

Researcher 204591

WHAT NO SANTA


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 10

Noggin the Nog

No tooth fairy either.


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 11

Researcher 215553

O.K , There seems to be a whole array of conspiracy theories out there,all seemingly intersecting at certain points for added confusion and amusement.

The point about conspiracies that we should realise is that they
are simply 'grand' or 'unknown' plans and organisations. Logic tells us that there is information and organisations of which we have no knowledge in existence and it is natural and understandable that people should be interested.

There must be grains of truth in these deserts of di-sinformation.
Discecting the truth from the ever increasing number of ideas and viewpoints is the problem for the seeker of truth,secret knowledge and wisdom.

The ultimate conspiracy theory cannot be the point of view that conspiracy theories are themselves a conspiracy. A more plausable scenario is that much or at least some of the information relating to these theories,
is propogated by persons involved in a conspiracy and or involved in
information/phsychological warfare ( Which is of course a conspiracy theory in itself.).

From my limited experience I should say that there is significant evidence to support some aspects of certain conspiracy theories, but to analyses critically, any diligent researcher needs to navigate a minefield of dead links and cross a pollunation of ideas which so easily lead to utter confusion and disillusionment.


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 12

Researcher 216133

God pulled the best trick of all time on us. he tricked us into thinking he cares about us. my philosphy is part catholic, part pratchett and part pullman. and JFK conspiracy is true. one of them anyway


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 13

WonderNewt

Gentlemen, let's be careful about what we say about God. Not for His sake, but for the large number of eachother who believe we know Him. Most religious people consider someone named God either friend or master or both, which means they are more likely to take offense to deragatory comments about God than we might expect.


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 14

WonderNewt

Is it true that if you don't believe in Unicorns you are unable to see them? I believe in them, but haven't seen any, which leads me to believe they don't live in my locality.


Ultimate conspiracy

Post 15

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/a213247

smiley - boing


Actually...

Post 16

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

...the ultimate conspiracy theory is that Elvis was the man behind the grassy knoll, he'd been employed by the Illuminati and as payment he would be taken to meet the Roswell aliens who would take him their world and give him immortality (occasionally leting him come back to Earth to get cheese burgers). Oh, and the rifle was provided by a joint venture between Jewish Bankers and the Freemasons.


Actually...

Post 17

What_is_life? v3.01 [RCHD] Through the Star Gate

to be honest i think most conspiracies are a load of crap and clearly you ran out of things to say after the first two, sure they make for good water cooler talk but what else do they do other that create a race of paranoid, dillusional creatures who if they ever make contact with aliens will now probably kill them, disect them and pretend it was a gas induced nightmare.


Actually...

Post 18

Medibot

"How about the BIGGEST of them all - Religion.

Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Christianity...

They all insist that you believe WITHOUT QUESTION!!"

GOOD LORD! A major world religion, requiring faith?
Arrrrggggggggggggggh!!!
*runs screaming to the hills*

Hang on! It's ok. God can be disproved with Occam's Razor. Phew! Thanks for clearing that up!


Actually...

Post 19

What_is_life? v3.01 [RCHD] Through the Star Gate

pretty narrow minded aren't you.


Actually...

Post 20

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Or you could just wonder why, if God /is/ all powerful, could he possibly /need/ or /want/ you to worship him? smiley - erm

What's Occam's Razor?

smiley - boing


Key: Complain about this post