A Conversation for Flanders and Swann - Musicians

flanders and swann

Post 41

Livzy

..personally speaking I prefer chips with my swan and easy on the grilling - dont cremate it - in fact, leave a few of the feathers on !


flanders and swann

Post 42

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Too late.


flanders and swann

Post 43

stevelufc

I'm with you on this - Patriotic Predjudice is my very favourite too! I don't care about the un-PC-ednes?? of it as I hear it and treat it in the manner it was originally written and performed; as a light hearted tongue in cheek poke at other nationalities.

I am married to an American Citizen and have played this to her (and her family) and they all think it amusing too - no offense is meant nor taken.

Others that I like...

The French Horn
Transport of Delight
The Gnu
The Gas man Cometh
Spider in the Bath

and of course The Hippopotamus song

Best Wishes

Steve


flanders and swann

Post 44

compo

Well said about not bothering about the unpolitically correctness of their output,Steve.Anyone who believes in political correctness is a sad,boring old fart with no sense of fun.As you rightly commented,their output was very much tongue in cheek,certainly not to be taken seriously.


flanders and swann

Post 45

Yvonne aka india

Patriotic Prejudice is one of their best but I also love Misalliance, especially with its overtones of scandal possibly relating to the (then) up-and-coming marriage of Princess Margaret to a non-royal.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more