A Conversation for New York City Public Transit System

Pedantic comment

Post 1

Quasi-Anonymous Entity (2x(3+(9x(5-5)))x7=42)

No, the H didn't follow the A into Far Rockaway, it became the Rockaway Park S. Even in its previous incarnation, as a nighttime service when the CC wasn't running (in those days the CC ran from Bedford Park Blvd in the Bronx Local all the way to Rockaway Park in Queens, serving all 4 boroughs) and the A only served the Lefferts Blvd branch, the HH went from Euclid Av to Rockaway Park, then backtracked to Beach 80th, then ran direct (without going to Broad Channel) to Beach 67th, then on to Far Rockaway, where it reversed a second time and operated straight back to Euclid (on the A).

Also, the original 8 wasn't the 3rd Av El in the Bronx. It was a Times Sq - Astoria service, switching over onto the current BMT at Queensboro Plaza. Even when it was later used on what was left of the 3rd Av El, the rollsigns still said 8 Astoria.

The K Line which you recall actually ran local on 6th Av (F line not B line). The letter was later reused for the 8th Av Lcl (formerly the AA) when double letters were abolished. This ran from 168th St to WTC and was later merged with the CC.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more