A Conversation for The h2g2 Calendar - 3 - March

Easter and the Shroud of Turin

Post 1

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

I wondered two things. Whether:

(1) There is a data in the April calendar for the latest date of Easter Day (A3382373) as being the 25th April. However, could this reference A3382373also be incorporrated on 22nd March as being the earliest day?

(2) Whether,an Entry for Easter Dasy (encompasssing somrehow both March and April) could be made for my Entry on the Camera obscura? at A2875430

My justification for this is that:

'There continues to be controversy over whether the image on the Shroud of Turin is the genuine image of Christ, produced by some supernatural process at the instant of his death (or resurrection!) at Eastertide, or whether it is a medieval forgery. A group of scientists believe they may have shown how the image of 'Christ' could have been created on a linen cloth, by medieval scientists/artists using a Camera obscura'.


Easter and the Shroud of Turin

Post 2

SchrEck Inc.

Hi Big Al, thanks for your input - I've incorporated the first possible Easter day. smiley - ok However I think the reference to the shroud of Turin is too obscure smiley - tongueincheek for inclusion.


Easter and the Shroud of Turin

Post 3

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

smiley - okschrEk. Fair enuff (I tried, but I failed' smiley - laugh)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more