A Conversation for Love

The world's bigges LIE

Post 41

Zed

smiley - cool
smiley - ta


The world's bigges LIE

Post 42

The Butcher

What we're saying is that when you're IN the relationship with the specific person, just let him (or her, fair enough) what you are looking for. Don't expect them to read your mind.

I think even more important, and this is again a problem both sexes have, but women somewhat moreso, is that you can't necessarily expect someone you're passionately attracted to to also have the personality traits, manners, and behavior that you want. How many times have I heard women talk about men who treat them poorly but who the women still love *SO* much?? Too many to count.

Don't expect a bad-boy with tattoos and a ultra-masculine build to treat you like a queen and enjoy the ballet. There are guys like that out there, but in general, you shouldn't get mad at someone for not fulfilling all your requirements...


The world's bigges LIE

Post 43

binary_distortion

I agree, females are headcases...I should know, I am one.

Never have I encountered a female who I consider to be the type of person one can hold any form of intelligent conversation with, without the topic drifting to some passer-by's ass, the current state of ones hair, or the latest brand of lipstick available.

I must say, however, that 90% of Males I encounter are like this too.

Perhaps it is a reflection of the sad state of society.


The world's bigges LIE

Post 44

Ellen

Or maybe you just hang with the wrong crowd. smiley - cross


The world's bigges LIE

Post 45

Ellen

(I have gone months without mentioning "someone's ass, the state of anyone's hair, or a brand of lipstick"!)


The world's bigges LIE

Post 46

whitestripe

might only be young but i know one thing, men and women are crazy.
we chase the thing we want and then drive it away when we get it.
The only solution?
Barry white.
At quater past three every day, Mr white should pump out of old speakers in every diner in every town in every city.
We could call it love hour, every one get together for a bit of smmat sommat.
Everyone in the towns would be closer, and all this love mumbo jumbo would be forgotten.
The only problem would be inbreeding! But i see that as only a bit of a down side.
I mean who does'nt need three hands or and extra eye!


The world's bigges LIE

Post 47

Zed

What are our thoughts on people who have ulterior motives for marrying?
Android


The world's bigges LIE

Post 48

dasilva

As if regular ones aren't bad enough! Argh!


The world's bigges LIE

Post 49

Little Bear

Its sad that you seem to think that such a wonderful experience could be described as merely a "personal disposition". It's such an incredible experience, I wouldn't trade my memories of it away for anyhting in the world. Certainly sometimes our love is not something that lasts forever, but that doesn't make the feelings any less true. I can remember sitting on the edge of a wharf for hours, we watched the tide slowly come in. That experience was what is was because of what I felt for the incredible person who was sitting beside me. The fact that we no longer share that feeling does not mean that it was a bad thing or something that should be avoided.

I'll go on looking for that one special person, that makes me feel like I could sit all night watching the tide come in and still be the happiest man in the world. If that makes me a hopeless young romantic than I am happy to be both hopeless (although full of hope for the future), young (well I guess at 23 I hopefully have many more years ahead of me), and romantic (because I hope that I am never hardened so much by the world that I lose that)

As for hope, expectation, and need being dangerous and hurtful I suppose if treated in the wrong way they could indeed be. But surely you can see that with hope can come happiness, with expectation comes the satisfaction of being with someone who fills all your needs, and with need comes the trust that the person you are with will always look after you come what may.

I suppose if you are really as cold and harsh as your initial post seems to indicate you are well and truly capable of ripping apart this post. Of course since I am indeed a hopeless young romantic I will go on looking for my special somebody just the same.

Seeya,
Researcher 223723 (I'll really have to change that one smiley - smiley


The world's bigges LIE

Post 50

Ellen

That's sweet!


The world's bigges LIE

Post 51

Ellen

Do add a personal space to your page, new researcher, so folks like me can come by and say hi! smiley - smiley


The world's bigges LIE

Post 52

Zed

...such as people who pretend to be interested for the sake of financial security?


The world's bigges LIE

Post 53

Zed

Incidentally, shouldn't this thread be in "Ask the H2g2 Community"?


The world's bigges LIE

Post 54

Zed

...and what about people who just acquire partners to make a statement about their sexuality and not out of any interest in the person as a person?


The world's bigges LIE

Post 55

Zed

...a statement that might even be disingenuous...


The world's bigges LIE

Post 56

Ellen

Hmmm, don't like "trophy collectors".


The world's bigges LIE

Post 57

dasilva

Bad experience, Marvin? smiley - hug


The world's bigges LIE

Post 58

Zed

smiley - cry
smiley - cuddle


The world's bigges LIE

Post 59

Zed

Anyway, don't women owe it to their as-yet-unborn children to avoid men who'd make bad fathers? Or did I miss a meeting?


The world's bigges LIE

Post 60

tanzen

I think women owe it to themselves to avoid men who make bad partners.


Key: Complain about this post