A Conversation for The Hanger Lane Gyratory System

Sounds Horrendous

Post 1

Nonametraveller

As a young teenager some 30+ years ago i used to work at the greengrocers on the corner of the parade of shops overlooking that junction.My memory is dim with regards to this but it was either just a set of traffic lights or the north circular went over the western avenue with one lane per side,whatever,i can remember the old boys moaning about how busy it was becoming....i guess if they were there now they would be talking about the good old days!!!!.

Coming from the NW side we used to drive along ...I think it was called "Horsendon Lane" which was exactly that,a country lane still in the centre of greater london....is that still there,or is it a dual carriageway now or some such thing?


Sounds Horrendous

Post 2

Hopelessly Paranoid

As I am reminding many people... I live less than a minute from the system...please stop by if heading through Alperton... the road by Curry's next to the shops... at the very end... smiley - smiley


Sounds Horrendous

Post 3

Nonametraveller

I live in Africa now,so i doubt whether i will ever go through Alperton again,but thanks for the invite though.If ever you find yourself on safari.....


Sounds Horrendous

Post 4

Researcher 121445

Too late, I was in Alperton two days ago (about a minute from the station, without crossing any roads), but now - oh joy - I'm back in Ipswich...
btw, you're not seriously inviting everyone with access to the Internet to visit you, are you?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more