A Conversation for New York City, USA

Chinatown

Post 1

Ravne

When i went to new york this summer accompanied by a native new yorker( so i wasnt totally stupid as to whats going on ). Although the city was great the most fun out there had to be found in chinatown home of the rats, and free stuff, if your not caught. I learned quickly that the unspoken law in chinatown is: "If you walk away with it and nobody says anything, its yours" Keep this in mind if you visit because like gravity the same law applies to everyone and thing, including your wallet.


Chinatown

Post 2

Mr. Cogito

Chinatown is indeed a fun place to be (assuming you aren't agoraphobic). It's especially renowned among the downtown types as an excellent source of decent knock-offs of designer items. I imagine only 1/10th of the Kate Spade bags you see are authentic, and I won't even guess about eyeglass frames. I personally like all the random vendors, and the anarchic quality that seems right out of ''Bladerunner".


Chinatown

Post 3

Durandal47

Amen to that. im a new yorker, and all i can say is i fit the profile, nice but mean, etc., and it is a great city. everything is perfect-cept for the whole 9/11 thing, but other wise its awesome
the whole culture is just great-where else can you get cursed out by sum stranger and start a fight by not saying excuse me?

damn straight


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more