A Conversation for Sandwich

I feel the English way is best!

Post 1

bighungryjack

The Sandwich is a wonderfully simple invention. It has for years been the main stay of many peoples diet, from the humble student to the almighty buisnessman. This simple icon of the common bond of humanity is very important and must be preserved in its pure untainted form. Thus the sandwich should be simple. A complex sandwich is, to the world of the sandwich eater, like an outrageous fashion designer is to the average clothes wearing public. The preserve of the pretentious and the foolish. This is how I feel, and I think it is probably the way most sane people would think (therefore the Americans are excluded).


I feel the English way is best!

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

So, what's your favourite filling then? With me it's a toss up between:
peanut butter and banana
peanut butter and jam (jam, not jelly, I like bits of stuff in mine)
Philladelphia cheese and jam
big fat chips and Yorkshire relish

Unles, of course, I have Wensleydale in the house. Then there is nothing better than Wensleydale and home-made strawberry jam. slurp
smiley - kiss


I feel the English way is best!

Post 3

bighungryjack

You have some strange ideas of good fillings, but hey maybe they are brilliant, who am I to judge?
My personal preference would be that great british institution of a nice ham and lettuce sandwich. But warm roast beef and english mustard can be just as appitising. I would say I definately have a preference for a meat filling, I feel it adds substance to the tasty treat.


I feel the English way is best!

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

Well, and if you look at my page you will see my Guide Entry on it... my absolute favourite sandwich is: Omlette. Hot so the butter on the bread melts. Preferably with cheese and peas and mushrooms. A real sandwich in that it is a convenient way to eat a meal whilst working.
And when I still ate meat: Crispy bacon and a runny fried egg (also crispy) so the yolk dribbles down your chin....

Ah... off for a snack now!


I feel the English way is best!

Post 5

jynnantonyx

Ah, but the Americans see it the other way 'round. As always the majority figure that the Europeans have it wrong, despite the fact that the victual in question is of English descent. But to be fair, have you ever tried some of the more elaborate sandwiches? They're rather delicious. (FYI I'm American. Just open minded)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more