A Conversation for 'Phoenix Nights' - the Television Series

typos?

Post 1

Pimms

One typo and two queries:
typo footnote 2: 'Don't Talk, ust Kiss' > and 'Don't Talk, Just Kiss'

I'm not sure about either of these, having not seen the show:smiley - erm

Les Alamos provide the musical accompaniment > Les Alanos provide the musical accompaniment
(the sub-header refers to Les Alanos, Les and Alan, so I assume Alamos is incorrect)
'Den of Inequity' > 'Den of Iniquity'
(unless it is a pun on a place of unfairness rather than the more usual phrase relating to wickedness and sin)

Glad I read this smiley - smiley - I've often wondered what the show was about, but it has been at a time inconvenient for me to watch. If it gets repeated I'll try and tape them.

Pimms smiley - mistletoe


typos?

Post 2

Natalie

Thanks very much for those, Pimms! I really enjoyed the Entry too - and I can't recommend strongly enough that you do watch Phoenix Nights!

smiley - ta


typos?

Post 3

EDF

PIMMS- F**k me, how nit-picky do you wanna be. Do you just go round scouring articles for mis-spelt words rather than enjoy the writers (superb) peice of work.
Get out the house Mate.


typos?

Post 4

Rho

Pimms improved the quality of the Edited Guide by pointing out a few remaining errors in the article, so that they could be promptly fixed; not to be excessively nitpicky to upset any Researcher.

Perhaps, next time you wish to make such a comment, you could post it more diplomatically, or not at all?

Rho


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more