This is the Message Centre for Jim Lynn
Jim Lynn Started conversation Oct 24, 2011
Well, after a hiccup last week (probably due to me not having access to my work email at the time) I've got back in to the new (old?) h2g2.
I'm really impressed that the new team were able to get it open so quickly. Much quicker than the move into the BBC (although to be fair, we did have to write a whole moderation system suitable for the BBC editorial policy from scratch).
Well done, froods.
Z Posted Oct 24, 2011
Jim!!!! Welcome back
Glad you made it through the transfer system - and I'm glad you're impressed that it's working.
Titania (gone for lunch) Posted Oct 24, 2011
Party like it's 1999 (late of Summerisle) Posted Oct 25, 2011
Excellent, glad you're back. I was just saying it didn't seem the same without you here!
Peregrin Posted Oct 25, 2011
Your database, eeeeet leeeeeeves :D
Isn't it nice seeing the old h2g2.com address? Nostalgiaville.
Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere]) Posted Oct 25, 2011
So ~you're~ the "Jim Lynn" everyone keeps talking about? Awesome! You did a seriously wonderful thing when you partnered with Digital Village and the BBC to bring the site to a greater audience. Your groundwork laid a very stable foundation for the years of service this site has seen. Thank you, if belatedly, for your diligent effort to fashion this place.
As for the Team that helped transfer HooToo back to its stand-alone structure, I'm sure you'll be proud to see what they've accomplished. Look around, kick the tires, check under the hood. See if this place runs even better than when the Beeb handled it. Oh, and don't be a stranger. Well, not any stranger than any of the rest of the folks here...
Baron Grim Posted Oct 27, 2011
Yep, even the machine couldn't do it: http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=jim+lynn&t=1000&a=n
Key: Complain about this post
- 1: Jim Lynn (Oct 24, 2011)
- 2: Baron Grim (Oct 24, 2011)
- 3: Z (Oct 24, 2011)
- 4: Titania (gone for lunch) (Oct 24, 2011)
- 5: egon (Oct 24, 2011)
- 6: Party like it's 1999 (late of Summerisle) (Oct 25, 2011)
- 7: Peregrin (Oct 25, 2011)
- 8: Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere]) (Oct 25, 2011)
- 9: Shea the Sarcastic (Oct 25, 2011)
- 10: kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website (Oct 26, 2011)
- 11: Jim Lynn (Oct 27, 2011)
- 12: Baron Grim (Oct 27, 2011)
- 13: kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website (Oct 27, 2011)