Maybe its a phase
Posted Apr 25, 2007
Well its been a pretty low time recently for me, not that i am one to grumble, i have had it all thrown at me one time or another and have dealt with most things and always put on a brave face even though sometimes inside i bottle it up and keep it to myself.
I had a few complications with the liver, that now and again pops up to remind me of my past outings, which required some hospital stay, nothing serious but just an MOT, but during the stay i picked up one of those hospital bug beauties, you know the ones, those little germs that prove that some of our hospitals are a total and utter disgrace....
That certainly knocked me back and put me into a very low state of mind, anyroad on coming out i did feel a litle weak and lethargic, due to the medication that they had put me on, it was expected, but i wasnt a feeling that at that time i wanted to be feeling.
This lead to a daft Bovril slipping in the bath, again my own fault, as i like a hot bath and on standing up, after soaking for about an hour, the body gave way and i think i blanked but not too sure, coming to on the bathroom floor in extreme pain
I must have drifted for a while as all i really remember is lying back in hospital with a dozy but content feeling with a throbbing left hand, then being advised that i had broke my left wrist and right elbow, plus a few ribs to even things up.
Being all patched up i left the next day, with such a vibe of constriction of movement, that i could have been wearing a strait jacket.
Never mind, poor me, nah forget that, a few days later at home with the kids at school and the wife out, an old demon came to visit, it was a demon i had not seen for many a year, in this demons hand was a lovely bottle of wine, a deep rich red that was left over from christmas, it wasnt left over for long though, to my shame i drunk the bugger, the whole thing, not one drop left, it was a private drinking session, behind closed doors with no one to watch apart from me.
The buzz it gave me was unreal, the feeling of phock it was utopia, its a feeling long since forgotten, since i stopped drinking the only alcohol that passed through the mouth of this prat was the occassional shandy.
The next day was one of huge remorse and a guilt trip that smacked me in the face like a brick. The 'Bovril you dick' ringing in my mind. I know that i wont be heading there again, but at that instant i needed an outlet.
The words 'recovering alcoholic' will always be there for life however good you think you have been, its a warning that mind strength must always win, and i must never let my guard down, whatever the circumstances are. It was a lapse that i can admit was wrong
Right, now back to the land of the living for Bovril
Latest reply: Apr 25, 2007
Posted Nov 12, 2006
Yep 42 today, thats a kinda special number isnt it
And the kids got me Girls Aloud greatest hits cd, theres goes the hard rock image straight out the window
Latest reply: Nov 12, 2006
Posted Aug 10, 2006
Going to Weymouth tomorrow for a week, twas a last minute thingy, friend of mine phoned me yesterday and said would we like to have his caravan next week, YEP we said.
Its a big bugger, right on the coast and it will be a good break for all of us.
Just need my bucket and spade.........
Latest reply: Aug 10, 2006
This was sent to me
Posted Jul 18, 2006
and i thought it was brilliant
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me. In fact, Just leave me the hell alone;
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire;
3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbour's newspaper, that's the time to do it;
4. Don't be irreplaceable - if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted;
5. Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else;
6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet;
7. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of loan payments;
8. Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticise them you're a mile away. And you have their shoes;
9. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you;
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day;
11. If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a day. If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life;
12. If you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it;
13. A closed mouth gathers no foot;
14. Duct tape is like the Force: it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together;
15. There are two theories to arguing with women - neither one works;
16. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving;
18. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it;
19. Never miss a good chance to shut up;
20. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night;
21. Life is sexually transmitted;
22. Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die;
23. For women ... men have two emotional states: hungry and horny - if you see one without an erection, make him a sandwich;
24. Some people are like a Slinky: not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs
Latest reply: Jul 18, 2006
How quick 1 year passes
Posted Jul 9, 2006
Have been through so much sh*t over the last year, through one thing or another, most of you know the story, so there is no need to go there again
But i was lookig at my very basic guide, yep thats right basic, but so what, its me to a tee, basic
Then i noticed the date on the guide, 10th July 2005 and thought, wow have i really been on here a year already, was shocked that it had passed so quickly.
So i raise an glass for you to fill it with what you will, and say cheers to the friends of hootoo.
1 Year gone, hopefully many more to come.
Latest reply: Jul 9, 2006