A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Any New Year's Resolutions?

Post 81

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It's great! smiley - ok

Post 82

Bluebottle

Everyone who contributed to this entry has earned a badge!

Use this text to add it to a page of your choice:
(or "RIGHT" or "CENTER")

<BB<

Post 83

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry A87891187 is on the Front Page today smiley - magic

Post 84

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseWell done everyone. smiley - biggrin

<BB<

Post 85

ITIWBS

Write!

Post 86

Thank you for letting me be a part of this grand undertaking. smiley - blush

Post 87

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wow I actually managed mine from last year smiley - weirdsmiley - cool down from 107 KG to 83 KG (though not weighed myself since a few weeks back.... which in old money means I'm 13 stone give or take, down from 16 stone 7 Lb or so smiley - weird and certainly a lot fitter heck, I'm more toned than I can ever recall, and as thin a waist as I was when a teenager smiley - cool this year resolution is just to carry on... which I've ever intention of; missed the gym Xmas day, boxing day and new years day, but went every other day, including every day this year so far since the gym reopened on the 2ND... missing tomorrow at gym though as got to go to hospital smiley - dohsmiley - nursesmiley - doctorsmiley - weird no doubt to be told again I musten't go to the gym smiley - huhsmiley - weird

Post 88

That sounds encouraging, 2Legs. smiley - ok

Post 89

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Well, at least some parts of my body and biochemistry are working.... smiley - alienfrown even if their working contradicts the hospitals view and blood results smiley - huhsmiley - weird I'm fairly certain in the long run gym is doing more harm than good, as its moving my aorta to enlarge further but, TBH its making me feel better, and I'd be happier with a few years feeling like I'm alive and an early death, than many more years being alive, but feeling as if I am already dead.... a sentiment which is apparently beyond the understanding of any of my Drs smiley - huhsmiley - weird anyhow, I expect at some point they'll move my ribs aside and do some fancy sewing on my heart, to partially repair the vessel and maybe stick me in a mechanical working heart valve at the same time, and, from what I can figure out, I'll be more likely to survive that op, and recover quicker, the fitter and thinner I am to start with smiley - zen Mind, still not particularly looking forward to that op; asides anything, due to the osteoporosis my ribs will probably never fully mend after, smiley - dohsmiley - shrugsmiley - laugh I think my new years resolution for this year should be; " to sleep". having only slept on one occasion so far this year smiley - doh well, not including sleeping new years morning/after new years eve, as that was a little helped by the smiley - alesmiley - redwinesmiley - bubbly at least I managed an hours nap this afternoon, after at least 80 hours straight, not sleeping... - but at least I made it to the cardiac scan at hospital, this morning smiley - sleepy before returning home for food and that hours nap smiley - huhsmiley - erm

Post 90

You haven't been sleeping?

smiley - yikes

What if all this is actually a dream, and you've been sleeping all along? Even posting in your sleep. smiley - evilgrin

Post 91

Baron Grim

But I don't want to be merely a figment of 2legs unconsciousness. smiley - erm

Post 92

Why not? There isn't a more colorful subconsciousness on the planet.

Always an adventure, 24/7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FFNa95FgJw

Post 93

Baron Grim

Oh, as far as consciousnesses to exist in, it's definitely a choice one; very entertaining, never dull.

I'm suddenly reminded of Heinlein's _Number of the Beast_ where the characters are bouncing through alternate universes created by writers. The Lovecraftian dimensions were not nice places to visit, much less inhabit. smiley - laugh

(All Hail Cthulhu smiley - grovel)

Post 94

Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-iRf9AWoyE

Okay, that's iron maiden, not Robert Heinlein.

Okay, I've just requested the Heinlein book from my local library, which should be shovelled out by 2019. smiley - winkeye

Post 95

ITIWBS

I'm still waiting for the sequel in which the aptly named professor N. O. Brain is unmasked in connection of his nefarious dealings relating to the plot to steal the atmosphere of Earth.

Post 96

coelacanth

We've definitely discussed whether we're all part of 2legs' imagination before, and perhaps have been since 1994!:
F54793?thread=8315422&post=110976552#p110976552
smiley - bluefish

Post 97

I think we should January as "Enter 2Legs's world" month. Maybe we could exit in some other month. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post