A Conversation for Ask h2g2

I am Sparticus !!!

Post 1

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Who else remembers (and is still active) - the many faces of Sparticus on h2g2?

Today, that lead actor celebrates his 100th birthday. Always one to be the last man standing . . .

I am Sparticus !!!

Post 2

There was, of course, 2legs and his badger - both named Sparticus. But as no one truly believes that either is real, they don't count. smiley - winkeye

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 3

(I just realized, I mis-spelled a name . . .)

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 4

Icy North

I remember everyone being Tony Curtis, but not Sparticus. And I can't remember why they did it.

Maybe I should try to keep up.

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 5

It kind-of transitioned from Tony to Sparticus when the BBC got really irked.

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 6

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

OH!, Thanks. I remembered but not why. .. .smiley - bubbly . .. ...

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Oh I recall it well smiley - badger

now... as to why... a certain researcher.... err... not sure I remember who... yeh; I think it was Croz changed his username, to something pretty OK, but the BBC decided to moderate his username; and the reason given was that "for impersonating someone " or something like that.... - so we all became Tony Curtis, and some of us thence to Sparticus, and some to sparticus and his badger... err.... I think Fords was something like "I'm sparticus and so Is my Badger' I seem to recall.... smiley - erm so... tempted smiley - evilgrinsmiley - badger

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Kirk Douglas used to be 99. So now he's 100.

Is living that long a blessing or a curse?

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 9

depends if you retain your marbles.... unless you never had any marbles, in which case I guess it doesn't depend on that... or does smiley - erm least ways smiley - ermsmiley - ermsmiley - seniorsmiley - cdouble

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 10

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I remember the Tony Curtis Action.
I also made a mini Tony Curtid action when the facial litterature place demanded that you use your legal name, and no alias. I think perhaps three people joined me smiley - laugh.

smiley - towel

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 11

Tony Curtis made a name for himself in the 2004 Academy Awards election by voting on a movie without actually seeing it. smiley - sadface

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 12

Icy North

As those awards exist purely to promote movies, isn't it better they vote for movies no-one has seen?

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 13

All moovies are the same anyhow, those about horses, those not about horses, simple as.... I prefer horse moovies personally... smiley - ponysmiley - handcuffs

I am Spartacus !!!

Post 14

Icy, people expect the Academy to know which of the movies that "no one" has seen deserve to be seen by more people. If a few of them shirk their duty, maybe the system can still work, but couldn't we call out the ones who are setting a bad example?

Key: Complain about this post