A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The offtopic smiley

Post 81

bobstafford

Keep it up we do support you through all thissmiley - ok

The offtopic smiley

Post 82

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Oh i know smiley - blush even if I'm too off my rocker half the time to realise thanks to... eerything smiley - zen insanity as a way of coping is wildly underrated IMO smiley - zen Just gotta decide what to wear to hospital tomorrow... chainmail bracelets obviously... chainmail collar (its cooler than the leather one), maybe I could put all the ribbons in my hair again, not worn them out in ages (so heavy now, 69 foot in total), - I thnk I'll wear my neat rediscovered smart flatcap, that makes me, as I've been told
"look very 'boyish'/young" smiley - laugh
and.... maybe my linen blouse smiley - zensmiley - divasmiley - biggrin yeh... well if I worry over my attire for the trip, I don't need t worry so much as to what the CT results CT scan, shows smiley - laughsmiley - zensmiley - grovel - its been a tiring ....8 months so far.... and counting so looking forward to more.... well 'normal' (for me), stuff, coming up, just so long as I'm not overly ill smiley - laughsmiley - zen Hmm... definitions of what constitutes 'overly ill', seem variable... depending on situation smiley - laughsmiley - drunk
wonder if I can sneak some beer up onto the ward, if they wanna keep me in over night smiley - groan - just been copying a few more albums onto the IPod, so I've something to listen too, if I am kept in smiley - grovelsmiley - musicalnote
now... to try recall what drugs I've yet to take today smiley - laughsmiley - run

The offtopic smiley

Post 83

bobstafford

smiley - cool Good Luck for tomorrow hope to see the report tonightsmiley - ok

The offtopic smiley

Post 84

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Could someone translate the report from 2Legs-speak into something we can fathom? smiley - winkeye

The offtopic smiley

Post 85

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit translating
"Our honourable 2legs is on a daily hospital visit schedule.

Today it involves collecting some CT smiley - lighthouse results.

The most part of the last posting was about the accessories smiley - handcuffs he would wear (probably some derivation from the dress dressing and bandages).

Any hospital visit is seen as a performance to entertain the smiley - doctors and smiley - nurses Hence the mention of alcoholic beverages and the music to accompany the performance. "

The offtopic smiley

Post 86

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit a little worried
"Have not seen 2legs online last 24 hours . . .

Just hope he had a little smiley - discosmiley - diva party last night.

The alternative of keeping him hospitalised would not have been for entertainment."

The offtopic smiley

Post 87

Absolutely! , smiley - biggrin

any trip to hospital, is, as far as I'm concerned, more about my entertaining the nurses and doctors, and patients, and cheering their day up smiley - biggrin
If I can't make the nurse laugh whilst she's injecting or prodding me, I'm doing something wrong as far as I'm concerned; I've only made them miss with teh injections a few times through giggling fits smiley - laugh any excuss for more novel unusual pains suits me anyhow, even if they're medically delivered smiley - laugh

yesterday was eye examination up in the cornea clinic, then oncology to check on an infection, and get CT scan results, microbial results, have observations done etc.

Also, whilst there a trip to the MRI dept, to question over an appointment for an MRI scan with contrast; booked for 6 PM; had to point out to them I need a trained nurse to access my port, and put in a line, so they can add contrast to my body; and I'd need a nurse suitably qualified to close up the port, remove the line after, etc; which, of course can't happen at 6 PM, when vascular inserts is closed for the day.

had the MRI rescheduled for 3.15, so I can go see Hildaguard in vascular inserts, to have a line dropped into my chest/port, before, and equally return to get it removed after the scan.

the MRI is now taking place in the maternity department. - as If I didn't have enough weird already smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

I have to dress up, for hospital visits... can't be turning up ... looking 'normal' - I refuse to do anything normal anmore smiley - laugh actually I was almost normally dressed yesterday for once... just wore the steel collar, chainmail handcuffs/wrist bracelettes, and skipped the hair ribbons, in place of the new little flat cap thing I'm wearing (makes me look young apparently, which is good enough for me as a reson to wear it smiley - laugh ).

spent yesterday evening entertaining barman with storeys from teh coal face of cancer ane endocrinology.... smiley - ale he found it all as amusing nearly as I do smiley - snork

The offtopic smiley

Post 88

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm glad my act doesn't come on right after yours, 2Legs. smiley - smiley

The offtopic smiley

Post 89

wise indeed smiley - biggrin I've yet to find anyone capible of outweirding or matching me, yet at the hospital... though hildaguard came close, and the loverly girl in endocrinology who injected me full of testosterone ... 'joined with the shoe' so to speak smiley - laughsmiley - snork - apparently the endocrine nurse gave William a 'knowing smile', when I mentioned to her, soem of the affects of the testosterone...

Key: Complain about this post