A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Walking With Cavemen

Post 21

bobstafford

Hello FS can you get access to the Daiymotion site walking walking with cavemen in 4 episodes

Walking With Cavemen

Post 22

Bluebottle

I still think I prefer the Professor Ray Winston over Alec Baldwin version.

I work in a University so I know how professors are useless at things like remembering to do registers, they can't understand a basic excel spreadsheet or a photocopier, but many of them spend a high proportion of their working career lecturing. In a lecture theatre. And for many, their lectures become performances. They learn how to share their passion and teach in an exciting, interesting way that invigorates their audiences.

Not every professor is a good performer, but many are, and I'd rather watch something presented by someone I feel knows what they are talking about and have spent a lifetime excited by, rather than an actor reading out a script for a bit as a morning's work until something more interesting comes along.

Oh, and Sir Tony Robinson is brilliant – Black Adder, Maid Marion, Time Team, Discworld audios and all those weekend morning programmes in which stories like Greek myths etc were retold.

<BB<

Walking With Cavemen

Post 23

SiliconDioxide

Perhaps you could fine "The Quest For Fire" online. It's more shagging with cavemen than walking though.

Walking With Cavemen

Post 24

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

I don't think you really understand what motivates an actor.

Anyway, it wasn't on Netflix either. Can't seem to find it anywhere. smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Walking With Cavemen

Post 25

Bluebottle

I think what motivates an actor very much depends on the actor and the project. So for example, Peter Sellers spent ten years fighting to get the right to play Chance the Gardener in 'Being There', discussing it every day, as for him it was the role he felt described his life and he fought passionately about playing it, even agreeing to do films he hated just in order to get the chance to play him. Can the same really be said about actresses appearing in shampoo adverts? I suspect at least some actors appear in adverts for the money, rather than honestly believing with every fibre of their body that one type of paperclip is much better than a different type of paperclip and that they have a sacred duty to inform the whole world…

Narrating documentaries doubtlessly falls between the two extremes, but I suspect it often (though not always) falls closer to the 'doing it for the money' side of the spectrum.

<BB<

Walking With Cavemen

Post 26

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Incidentally, I found out yesterday that it now IS on You Tube. Unfortunately not with Alec Baldwin.

Having now seen both versions in their entirety, I can conclusively say that I absolutely prefer the one with Alec Baldwin, both because I like him better as a host and because it has generally better presentation of material and also a better musical score.

Make of that what you will. smiley - pggb

smiley - pirate

Walking With Cavemen

Post 27

ITIWBS

Is this link any help?

http://youtu.be/7xkYuluK8Fs

Key: Complain about this post