A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Is anyone watching Eurovision 2015?

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

I saw a bit of the semi-final again this year, so I thought I'd start a thread to see who's planning to watch Eurovision on Saturday smiley - biggrin

I've got my smiley - cider and smiley - popcorn ready, and I'm looking forward to it smiley - biggrin

Good to see Conchita Wurst doing presenting duties A87830490 (shameless plug smiley - evilgrinsmiley - rainbow)

Post 2

bobstafford

I did not know it was on thanks for the reminder smiley - ok

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

My family and I will be in Pisa Italy that night. If the hotel TV is OK we'll be watching the Eurovision.

Post 4

Mol - on the new tablet

Yes of course, it's our turn to host and I will be cooking an Austrian menu (sort of). We usually eat the food of the host country, apart from the year I got fed up of it never being Italy and cooked lasagne regardless.

Mol

Post 5

Pink Paisley

It will NEVER be Italy!

Yep. Watching, and intrigued by the Finnish entry PKN who didn't make the final. Said to have learning difficulties, but when I heard the bass player interviewed on radio the other day, he seemed to have had no difficulty in learning English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePhjs-3q068

Admittedly, I wasn't about to rush down to the record shop to buy it.

PP.

Post 6

Mol - on the new tablet

Well, before last year I would probably have said it would NEVER be Austria. You just never know in the whacky world of Eurovision. It does add an extra frisson of excitement to the voting, knowing that the cuisine of the winning country will provide our menu next year. As soon as one country goes into the lead we start racking our brains for possible menu items. I spent most of the voting last year thinking of Sachertorte.

Ideally I'd like the UK to win, of course. Easy catering and only the oldest of our children was born the last time it happened.

Second favourite has to be Italy, because lasagne and tiramasu are just so yummy.

If neither of those ... not sure. Turkey perhaps. That would give us kebabs, and there's bound to be some sort of delicious spicy dessert. Plus of course Turkish delight. Mmmm ...

Mol

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Baklava is a very popular Turkish dessert.

Post 8

Sol

I'm in!

I don;t watch the semis, but I do enjoy the final. Am preparing snacks as we speak!

Post 9

swl

Dunno about food, but there will certainly be drink involved here. Do the Austrians do beer? smiley - whistle

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

I have a football match to go to first, then apparently we have to stay out because #1 thought we'd be out all night so we're going to see Mad Max later instead of eurovision. I'll miss drunkenly tweeting random stuff to a million strangers

Post 11

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - teasmiley - cidersmiley - biggrinsmiley - popcorn

Post 12

swl

Here we go. Italian pizza, Czech beer, I'm all Euro-ed up

Post 13

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok Yep - I had Italian pasta and I've got Scandinavian cider so I'm Euroed up too smiley - laugh

Post 14

swl

Those balls are pretty funky!

Post 15

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - disco yeah!

Post 16

swl

Cute little Austrian sailors ...

hold on, isn't Austria land-locked?

Post 17

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok

Post 18

SashaQ - happysad

I didn't aee where the wheelchair user went - nice lot of stairs, there...

Post 19

SashaQ - happysad

Ah, she made it on stage smiley - ok

Post 20

swl

Oh have we started?

I wonder what's playing on her iPod?

Key: Complain about this post