A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Video editing software

Post 1

I'm not really here

I'm looking for video editing software, that will let me pull clips out of a video and save them in batches as separate 'projects'. Does anyone know of software that does that?

The idea is I'm recording lots of footage of dog walks, and I want to use them to create training videos on a single topic, but there will be more than one topic covered in each walk. I don't want to have to edit one video down to clips of one topic, then reload the original and do it again with another topic. Just want to be able to clip all incidences of topic a, topic b, topic c from the same video, and have them kind of 'pending' so I can then delete that dog walk from the computer, open up the next one and carry on adding to the topics as I go. In the same way you might cut out paragraphs from a word document and have another 3 documents open at the same time that you're pasting into until you've got everything you want out of the first one.. Does that make sense?

It's a bit difficult to track down software that does that specific thing... I'm trialling Sony movie studio 13 and I can't see anyway to do it. They seem to want me to edit one video at a time, going to take forever if I have to crop from around each clip, save as individual clips, then reload. smiley - erm

Video editing software

Post 2

Icy North

I can't answer your precise question about multiple open projects, but I have it on good authority that Apple video editing software is the one the professionals use. You might want to check out whether it meets your needs.

Video editing software

Post 3

I'm not really here

Can I get Apple on a PC?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more