A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Luxury

Post 1

KB

When was the last time you experienced 'luxury'?

Luxury

Post 2

quotes

After having been camping. Things like carpets felt luxurious in comparison.

Luxury

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

July 2013, on a choral tour of Riga, Talinn, and Saint Petersburg. We had nice hotel rooms, sang in beautifully appointed churches, and were given tours through luxurious palaces that were also art museums.

Beef stroganoff, caviar, the works. Okay, so some of the food was peasant fare like pumpkin salad or pizza, and the crowds were thick everywhere, but by and large it was a standard of living that I don't enjoy in my day to day life.

Luxury

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

August... This year... in Sweden... smiley - blush especially the day at the spa smiley - divasmiley - divasmiley - divasmiley - blush and... other things there too smiley - angelsmiley - angel

Luxury

Post 5

SiliconDioxide

We had the premium seats for The Hobbit last night smiley - smiley and took our own jelly beans.

Luxury

Post 6

You can call me TC

I used to live in a cardboard box. smiley - winkeye

Luxury

Post 7

That was luxury! We could only dream of a box of our own. We lived in a hold in the ground. smiley - winkeye

Luxury

Post 8

Teasswill

Coming into the warm after being cold outside.

Luxury

Post 9

Pink Paisley

Hole in the ground? We DREAMED of a hole in the ground!

PP.

Luxury

Post 10

swl

We couldn't afford a dream when we were young. Dreams were for toffs and their like. 'ee, to dream would have been a luxury

Luxury

Post 11

Pink Paisley

Dreams? We had nightmares about having dreams!

PP.

Luxury

Post 12

We were so poor we couldn't even afford nightmares.

Luxury

Post 13

Maria

Last saturday. in my sunny and warm kitchen. a few beers and difficult-to-eat seafood as tapa. On the radio a tasty programme about Santa Teresa de Jesús. My mind spirited with the beers, thinking about writing an entry for h2. ( who said never trust the promises of a drunk?)

this is that seafood. I´ve to say that I do love the difficulty, you get a kind of extra reward once you´ve achieved to extract the snail, and it´s so tasty that you are in no hurry for eating the next one. I like the slow ceremony.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RF-QUk0psXs/UU4ZHuTQ7qI/AAAAAAAAKLE/0vSCjjHxVTY/s1600/ca%C3%B1aillas+cocidas+(3).JPG

Luxury

Post 14

You can call me TC

Posh winkles.

http://www.lumpymash.com/hot-fresh-winkles/

Luxury

Post 15

Maria

qué ricos!

I think the luxury with winkles would be to go and collect them by yourself!

I would skip the butter that link recommends.

Luxury

Post 16

psychocandy-moderation team leader

This past Saturday. I had my hair colored (as I do every couple of months or so), and one of the most luxurious things for me is having someone else wash my hair.

Luxury

Post 17

Pink Paisley

'and it´s so tasty that you are in no hurry for eating the next one.'

Snails, winkles etc. Yuk. I had one once. I'm not in a hurry for the next one either.

PP.

Luxury

Post 18

I've had snails a few times. They're tasty enough, though I've never gone out of my way to eat any.

Luxury

Post 19

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

MMMM..... snails... err... depends how one is eating htem... and where... I guess... smiley - drool like much food.... and, of course... whom with smiley - droolsmiley - blush

Luxury

Post 20

Butter and garlic and herbs are said to be the best accompaniments to snails.

Key: Complain about this post