A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Survival techniques

Post 1

KB

So it's Monday again.

I'm sure we can make it through this together, guys. Has anyone got any useful tips?

Survival techniques

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

However bad it is in work, it ends when you go out the door on your way home.

Survival techniques

Post 3

quotes

>>However bad it is in work, it ends when you go out the door on your way home.

This is the main disadvantage of working from home.

Survival techniques

Post 4

HonestIago

Game of Thrones this evening. That's my way of getting through Mondays.

Survival techniques

Post 5

Metal Chicken

Start your working week on Tuesday.

MC

Survival techniques

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

I take Wednesdays off. This means it's always either the day after a break or the day before one. Easier to take.

Survival techniques

Post 7

You can call me TC

It's a public holiday here in Germany. Emigrate.

smiley - popcornsmiley - offtopic

I came post haste to this thread because I couldn't believe the coincidence. My eldest is on a survival weekend (eating frogs, whittling harpoons, that sort of thing) organised by a friend this weekend. So I was hoping there'd be some tips for him.

Survival techniques

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

haha, survival tips I learned back in the day: eat when you can, use a loo (or similar) when you have the opportunity, sleep at every opportunity.

As for getting through the week: starting on a Tuesday this week is good (in fact here in Germany last week was the only 5 day working week in May. We have another public holiday next Thursday)

Survival techniques

Post 9

KB

Sho, I think you've cracked it! Translating those into tips for Monday, it equates to an hour sitting on the loo with a book and an hour sleeping, broken up by a six-hour lunch break. smiley - zen

Survival techniques

Post 10

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Your kids are lucky, TC. smiley - smiley I haven't eaten frogs and whittled harpoons in a long time.

Survival techniques

Post 11

I'm gradually working my way toward a more self-sufficient lifestyle in terms of food production. Every year I buy a couple of pots of petunias or superbells to adorn my house. The next year, I take the pots that the petunias were in, and plant other things in them. This year I'm planting peas, beans, and carrots. As the years go by, I will have more and more pots planted with vegetables. At some point this may give me some self-suffiency in food. If matters get much worse [global famine, for instance], I know how to gather acorns from the many oaks in my area. I know how t leach the bitter tannins from acorns. There are ways to grind the acorns and bake bread from the flour. Acorns are said to satisfy the appetite quite readily.smiley - drool

Survival techniques

Post 12

Icy North

Paul, are you seriously suggesting global famine's going to hit us on a Monday?

Survival techniques

Post 13

Pink Paisley

You need a harpoon to catch frogs?

PP

Survival techniques

Post 14

Pink Paisley

And Gnomon ends up with TWO Mondays!

BAAAAD advice!

PP.

Survival techniques

Post 15

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - bigeyes
Holiday in Canada too. Victoria Day.
Once known as firecracker day, not the actual birthday
but the celebration of Queen Victoria's birthday. Not
allowed fireworks anymore, no parades, nothing. Just a
day off for those who work or go to school.
smiley - towel
~jwf~

Removed

Post 16

fluffykerfuffle

This post has been removed.

Survival techniques

Post 17

KB

Well it was a long, hard struggle, but we've done it! Monday's limping home with its tail between its legs.

Well done, everyone. I'll bet he won't show his face again for at least another week after that! smiley - ok

Survival techniques

Post 18

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Still Monday morning here.

Survival techniques

Post 19

KB

It's five o'clock somewhere...smiley - musicalnote

Survival techniques

Post 20

"Paul, are you seriously suggesting global famine's going to hit us on a Monday?" [Icy North]

I'm sorry, I forgot that this thread was supposed to be about surviving Mondays. I thought it was about survival in general. smiley - blush I'll go quietly.....

Key: Complain about this post