A Conversation for Ask h2g2

You know you're getting old when ...

Post 61

z

On my last ward one of the consultants was a professor, and very experienced.

I recently noticed that my older patients weren't asking if I was old enough to be a doctor any more, instead they were asking if I was a professor too.

Post 62

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - laughsmiley - seniorsmiley - profsmiley - doctor

Post 63

You can call me TC

We are having our house showroom at the moment, so the sales staff from all over Europe are here this week.

I was out with our English, Scottish and Irish reps last night, as usual at an Italian restaurant. Two of them wanted pizzas with fried eggs on the top. I was met with blank looks when I told them that that was known as a "Gina Lollobrigida" in these parts.

(Perhaps I should have sat at the other end of the table where the slightly older reps were sitting, but they're not so good-looking.)

Post 64

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

You know you are getting old when: new flooring in the bathroom is something to celebrate. smiley - erm

Post 65

You can call me TC

I posted this on a similar thread on Gransnet:

You know you're getting old when you leaf through a calendar full of Household hints and tips and you realise that you've been on the planet so long you do all of them anyway.

Post 66

Mol - on the new tablet

Yup.

Mol

Post 67

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

When you visit a local historical museum and recognize several of the items on display as things you have owned and used.

It is even worse if you are still using them on a regular basissmiley - facepalm

F smiley - dolphin S

Post 68

broelan

TC, I always assume that means I'm just very clever, not old smiley - winkeye

Post 69

You can call me TC

I interpreted it as "Been on the planet so long I've found out all its foibles, got the tee shirt (but the tee shirt is getting a bit tight now)"

Key: Complain about this post