A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Decisions

Post 681

Alfster

Yup that's the problem with Skyrim...goodbye life, hello Wood Elf Acrobat(or similar class)!

I seem to always play a Wood Elf but then ignore all the potion making skills and just use the sneakiness of the race and go archer assassin thief.

Decisions

Post 682

IctoanAWEWawi

Another sneaky type!
There's only myself and (I think) one other on hootoo who have spoken of playing Elder Scrolls games who don't go sneaky archer thief.
smiley - weird

Decisions

Post 683

HonestIago

I like to be a magical tank: subtlety is not a skill I possess but setting things on fire with the power of my mind is something I can get onboard with.

Decisions

Post 684

Malabarista - now with added pony

I don't even tend to mess with magic much, just give me something big to hit things with. smiley - winkeye

Decisions

Post 685

IctoanAWEWawi

yep, heavy armour, decent sword (oh how I miss the dai-katanas from Daggerfall!) and some healing/lockpick magic. Run up, hit them lots, then heal.
And in Skyrim you get oe-handed feats and criticals that includes a decapitation move! Either a back-handed decap or a windmill decap. Fun when it happens!

"I like to be a magical tank"
This is a phrase which does not occur enough in the English language!
smiley - biggrin

Decisions

Post 686

Alfster

I've started AC - I'd like to know where the story goes and also I actually have a bit of a life at the moment hence Skyrim will have to wait a bit...I'm even a bit wary about just setting up my Skyrim character in case I get hooked and have to go cold turkey! Darn you, Bethesda!

Decisions

Post 687

sprout

I'm another blast em with fire and then thwack at the smouldering bits.

Battlemage, Breton - oblivion and Morrowind only - not sure my computer will deal with Skyrim...

sprout

Decisions

Post 688

Vip

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/download.aspx?name=The-Elder-Scrolls-V:-Skyrim&id=11231

The link above doesn't appear to have put any malware on my computer but use your own judgement etc. etc. It does work for other games as well, by the way.

I like this one because not only does it tell you if you pass/fail but which components pass/fail so you know which one to upgrade.

smiley - fairy

Decisions

Post 689

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

>>I'm even a bit wary about just setting up my Skyrim character in case I get hooked and have to go cold turkey!<<

My skyrim sessions keep on being interrupted by having to leave my flat to go to work.

Decisions

Post 690

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

I always seem to be several games behind the cool kids... I'm currently playing Fallout 3. It took me a while to get into, as it seemed like a bit of a step backwards after Dragon Age/Mass Effect 2, but it's growing on me. I haven't got into much of the plot yet, but the way there seems to be a story behind each of the locations is pretty cool.

Dunno if it's just me, but I'm finding I can only play Fallout in fairly small doses. There's something deeply melancholy about walking around the spectacularly-rendered post-apocalyptic world where everything is just.... ruined. Probably something to do with the music on the in-game radio stations as well....

I think Fallout 3 will keep me busy for a while, but I'd like to try Skyrim, having played a little bit of Morrowind years ago (with a computer not really powerful enough to run it). But Mass Effect 3 looks like it's going to be spectacular....

Decisions

Post 691

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

"I'd liken it more to something like the Mass Effect type games."
Good point and I would agree with that. I think the reason I'm a
little bit negative about Skyrim is that I had not long finished Dragon
Age 2.
Assassin's Creed is turning out to be ok but still has a few bugs
and things that frustrate at times.
smiley - vampire

Decisions

Post 692

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

I am moving hoose in a couple of weeks and thus have had to not play Skyrim for fear of being physically dragged out of current digs by landlord having "forgotten" to move due to playing Skyrim.

I mean seriously do Bethesda infuse the code with Crystal Meth or something?

FB

Decisions

Post 693

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Skyrim may well have ruined computer games for me. I cannot see how any game I play in the future could be even a fraction as awesome.

Decisions

Post 694

Alfster

STOP TEMPTING ME!!!!!smiley - tongueout

Decisions

Post 695

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

NO! Off to go fight giant spiders in the catacombs of the drwarfen dungeons...

Decisions

Post 696

KB

I'm seriously getting tempted to do a major PC upgrade for the sole purpose of playing Skyrim. smiley - laugh

Decisions

Post 697

Malabarista - now with added pony

Odd - Vip, your link claims my computer won't run Skyrim, although every checked component is ok smiley - weird

Decisions

Post 698

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

I bought a new PC in anticipation of Skyrim, then a bloody house move got in the way. Grrr...

FB

Decisions

Post 699

IctoanAWEWawi

there's a lot of bilge spoken over skyrim specs. I'm playing in high quality mode 1920x1080 HD under win XP 32bit with 2GB of ram, a Q6600 dual core processor and an old Geforce 8800. Yes, it lags a bit catching up on new area loads, but combat and general wandering about is fine. Plenty playable.

Decisions

Post 700

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Yeah, my PC which for a lot of bits only just goes over the minimum spec is happy running on High quality too... I've reduced some of the detail levels to improve performance but yeah, despite what a lot of hardware snobs are saying you don't need top of the range gear to play it.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more