Post 17661

Pastey

smiley - laugh

"What news story has caught your attention today?" thread

Post 17662

Bluebottle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38561076
'Missing element' in Earth's core
Personally I think the missing element is 'Dinosaurs'. I've seen 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' (1959) and 'At the Earth's Core' (1976)…

<BB<

Post 17663

ITIWBS

The science looks sound.

Post 17664

Pastey

New News Story:

So, Trumps latest revelations and showering preferences eh?

Post 17665

Baron Grim

As it's currently "Unverified", I will remain "cautiously interested".

If this does turn out to be balderdash or counter-intelligence that will be very bad. Trump can go around making wild unsubstantiated claims as he has been doing for the entire previous 8 years, but if this turns out to be simply strategically timed retribution for the things wikileaks/Russia released to damage the Clinton campaign this will turn around and bite the democrats and the intelligence agencies in the ass like nothing we've ever seen. This would be quite possibly worse than Watergate. The democratic party, the media, and the intelligence community would lose all credibility and would hand the Trump administration unfettered rule with no legitimate checks and balances.

Post 17666

Pastey

Unless its a double bluff and he's fed it to them in the first place.

There's a lot going on for sure, and I'm sure glad I got to visit America before he's had anything to do with ru(i/n)ning it.

Post 17667

Baron Grim

He's giving his first press conference at the moment and I now have some empathy for all those Obama haters. Just hearing him speak sets my teeth grinding. I try to be objective, but his style of speaking and his constant use of what should be hyperbole but is what he actually means just makes my eyes roll. Everything is superlative from him.

I do hope he gets taken down and I hope he takes Mike Pence with him, but it has to be done legitimately.

Oh, have y'all heard he's thinking about making a special position regarding vaccinations and putting a renown anti-vaxxer in charge of it. smiley - facepalm

Seriously, this is horrible.

Post 17668

Superfrenchie - new-ish ACE

smiley - bigeyes
It's like someone gave him a book called "Things To NOT Do When You're President", but they put a sticker on the "not".
smiley - facepalm

Post 17669

Pink Paisley

The press conference was simply cringe worthy.

He just doesn't sound presidential - he has now legitimised the word 'carp' to rubbish anything he wants to discredit, he just sounds like he is talking to a table full of blokes with beer down the pub.

PP.

Post 17670

Pastey

You go in weirder pubs than me.

Any place I go would throw him out for being drunk and obnoxious.

Post 17671

Pink Paisley

Stevenage.

PP.

Post 17672

Pastey

I'm so sorry, I had no idea smiley - winkeye

Post 17673

Baron Grim

I'm not familiar with Stevenage, so I did a Google image search. It looks like a perfectly cromulent town. smiley - ok

Then out of curiosity I did an image search for my funky little town on Galveston Bay with the misspelled name Bacliff.

smiley - facepalm

Seriously, if it weren't for my elderly parents I wouldn't live here.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more