A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Not the game

Post 41

Existential Elevator

I don't think I'm prospectus-looking untill next year *phew*

Stupid nothing working... Electronics never seem to work when you want them to smiley - erm

Not the game

Post 42

Ridiculous Chicken† - a very absurd little bird

That's especially true in student houses! Here, even the vacuum cleaner blows instead of sucks! Still, at least I finally have an internet connection... HOORAY!

smiley - towel TF-P smiley - towel

Not the game

Post 43

Existential Elevator

A vacuum cleaner that blows smiley - erm Maybe you should use the leaf-blower for your hoovering, then smiley - weird

Yay! Connections are good!

Not the game

Post 44

Baron Grim

If anyone is still here...

I just lost the game again and so did you.

Not the game

Post 45

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Oh, didn't you hear? The Game got called off in about 2009. It was on 4chan, appropriately enough, since 4chan is where memes go to die.

Not the game

Post 46

Baron Grim

Nope, not buying it. The only way to properly kill a meme is for it to show up in a forwarded email from your Nana.

Not the game

Post 47

Orcus

I went to Oxford, I've never heard of this game smiley - rolleyes

I wonder if Existential Elevator ever went there...

Not the game

Post 48

Orcus

Looking at their homepage, that'll be a no then - Warwick apparently.

Not the game

Post 49

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Nothing wrong with Warwick, of course. I've been to Warwick Uni campus, and it was rather nice. Bizarrely though, it's not actually near Warwick, and rather closer to Coventry...

Not the game

Post 50

Orcus

It's a good university, I never said otherwise smiley - smiley

It's IN Coventry last time I checked. Or Leamington Spa of course.

Not the game

Post 51

Baron Grim

If anyone else is still here, I just lost the game again. smiley - doh

Not the game

Post 52

ITIWBS

smiley - erm

Not the game

Post 53

ITIWBS

Paradoxical?

A magical spell never begins working until one forgets one has cast it. (Raymond Buckland)

You never get anything in life till you don't want it any more. (Krishna, from The Bhagavad-Gita)

Does nirvana represent a return to a state of innocence?

Not the game

Post 54

Baron Grim

It took me a while to find this thread again. (I used "site:h2g2.com "I lost the game"" to find it on Google, as h2g2's search wasn't very helpful.)

Not only did I find The Game again, I also noticed a 13 year old instance of me using "to" instead of "too". smiley - doh

I thought it had been at least 3 years since I last lost the game, but I see it's only been about a year and a half.

Not the game

Post 55

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I never lost the game before, but apparently I just did right now.

Not the game

Post 56

Baron Grim

Yep.

I thought we had a full entry on The Game. Every time I lose it, I search the Edited Guide for it but find it's not there. Wikipedia has an entry on it though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

Not the game

Post 57

ITIWBS

Funny, after posting post 53 above I'd completely forgotten the game till today's postings.

This time I make a wish and a resolution.

Not the game

Post 58

Baron Grim

Yesterday, after I lost the game, I found this vlog post where the host tries to explain the deeper connotations of The Game.

http://youtu.be/mxIL4thb3NA

Not the game

Post 59

Baron Grim

I just learned about Whamaggedon. I was trying to explain it to some other Texans, and was reminded, again, of The Game.

I just lost The Game again, and so did the one or two of you that are still here.

I don't think I lost the game during the great memory hole here so, six years later... I was doing pretty good.

Not the game

Post 60

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

You really had to do this, did you?

Now I lost it as well.

Key: Complain about this post