A Conversation for Ask h2g2
Baron Grim Posted 3 Weeks Ago
Scotch Brand tape from 3M was developed in part to help with the masking of two toned automobiles and in part to help grocers display and seal their wares.
Its name, however, is sourced in bigotry.
Dmitri Gheorgheni Posted 3 Weeks Ago
Has anybody ever been insulted by that 'slur', though? I've heard people joking about being Scotch all my life - people who would go to great lengths to avoid giving offence to anyone.
I've always said that I belonged to the last ethnic group in America that you can safely insult [Scots Irish Americans], because, frankly, we don't care.
As a kid, I knew Scotch brand tape was supposed to be 'thrifty', but thought that was, er, a compliment...
Mr. X---> ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!! Posted 3 Weeks Ago
~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum Posted 2 Hours Ago
The world's tallest snowman was made in 1999 and measured 34.63 metres. It was made by the people of Bethel, Maine, USA and took two weeks to build.
- the weathernetwork
Dmitri Gheorgheni Posted 1 Hour Ago
Key: Complain about this post
- 9741: Baron Grim (3 Weeks Ago)
- 9742: Dmitri Gheorgheni (3 Weeks Ago)
- 9743: Mr. X---> ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!! (3 Weeks Ago)
- 9744: Baron Grim (Last Week)
- 9745: Vestboy (Last Week)
- 9746: Cheerful Dragon (Last Week)
- 9747: Vestboy (4 Days Ago)
- 9748: ~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum (2 Hours Ago)
- 9749: Dmitri Gheorgheni (1 Hour Ago)