A Conversation for Ask h2g2

LessUsed Facts

Post 9661

ITIWBS

Crossing crocodiles (bird-like) and turtles (mammal-like) would be a little likelier to work.

Crocotles, turtodiles?

LessUsed Facts

Post 9662

Baron Grim

Tortogators.

LessUsed Facts

Post 9663

ITIWBS

That is more euphonious.

LessUsed Facts

Post 9664

Baron Grim

I just learned something new.

German Chocolate Cake did not originate in Germany, but right here in Texas. smiley - ok

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_chocolate_cake

LessUsed Facts

Post 9665

Pink Paisley

I had never heard of 'German Cake'. It looks as though it is a variation of Black Forest Gateau.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest_cake

Perhaps as good Europeans, we are less likely to eat American cakes.

PP.

LessUsed Facts

Post 9666

Mr. X---> "God defend me from my friends, from my enemies I can defend myself."

Needless nationalism. (Or continentalism, if you prefer.)

You're getting to be as bad as Americans are. smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

LessUsed Facts

Post 9667

You can call me TC (Granny AND Granny-to-be)

It's probably just a case of cake not travelling well.

smiley - cakesmiley - bussmiley - ill

LessUsed Facts

Post 9668

Having looked at that description of the "German cake" (named after someone called Sam German), I am intrigued by the "caramel topping". Sounds deliciously sinful.

LessUsed Facts

Post 9669

That reminds me. Ever since writing my entry on German Bread in December 2000, I meant to follow it up with one on German cakes (as in cakes made in Germany) Maybe when I retire.

LessUsed Facts

Post 9670

Baron Grim

It is quite delicious. I loved German('s) chocolate cake when I was younger. I demanded either that, or Boston cream pie for my birthdays, (until I became accustomed to being disappointed on my Christmas adjacent birthday).

My father hated when I requested German chocolate cake because he was fed GCC until, as he said, "it came out of my ears" when he was a kid. Apparently, it really was all the rage in the '50's in Texas. His mother and all his aunts would make it for every occasion.

LessUsed Facts

Post 9671

Baron Grim

From Neil deGrasse Tyson: "Earth’s South Magnetic Pole is actually in the North. That’s why the North tip of a compass needle points there."

LessUsed Facts

Post 9672

ITIWBS

...wa'll, jest so long as they don't make no mistakes on the polarity of the charged particles attracted thair...

Key: Complain about this post