A Conversation for Ask h2g2
Mr. X ---> "Do not disturb my circles!" Posted 2 Weeks Ago
Bald Bloke Posted Last Week
Mr. X ---> "Do not disturb my circles!" Posted Last Week
Baron Grim Posted Last Week
A tree planted in Griffith park, Los Angeles, as a memorial to George Harrison was killed by beetles.
Baron Grim Posted 6 Days Ago
Humans are 10 times more likely to be bitten by New Yorkers than by sharks.
ITIWBS Posted 6 Days Ago
Re: Post 9786, Not that I doubt it, but is there a link on that?
Xanatic Posted 6 Days Ago
It does sound like an odd statistic. If you're in New York it might well be true, as there is an abundance of New Yorkers and also a lack of sharks. Someone in San Diego however might have some very different odds.
Mr. X ---> "Do not disturb my circles!" Posted 5 Days Ago
Baron Grim Posted 5 Days Ago
Here's the supporting link for the Shark to New Yorker bite ratio.
But fatal shark attacks still remain incredibly rare — a person’s chance of being attacked by a shark in the U.S. is 1 in 11.5 million, and the chance of being killed by a bite is less than 1 in 264.1 million. In New York alone, people are bitten 10 times more each year by other people than worldwide by sharks. You’re far more likely to simply drown while swimming in the ocean — or die in a car crash on the way to the beach — than you are to be killed by a shark.
Dmitri Gheorgheni Posted 5 Days Ago
Mr. X ---> "Do not disturb my circles!" Posted 4 Days Ago
Baron Grim Posted 3 Days Ago
If you create a simple substitution cipher by mirroring the alphabet, such as below:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
z y x w v u t s r q p o n m l k j i h g f e d c b a
WIZARD spelled backwards and swapped is WIZARD.
Key: Complain about this post
- 9781: Mr. X ---> "Do not disturb my circles!" (2 Weeks Ago)
- 9782: Baron Grim (2 Weeks Ago)
- 9783: Bald Bloke (Last Week)
- 9784: Mr. X ---> "Do not disturb my circles!" (Last Week)
- 9785: Baron Grim (Last Week)
- 9786: Baron Grim (6 Days Ago)
- 9787: ITIWBS (6 Days Ago)
- 9788: Xanatic (6 Days Ago)
- 9789: Mr. X ---> "Do not disturb my circles!" (5 Days Ago)
- 9790: Baron Grim (5 Days Ago)
- 9791: Dmitri Gheorgheni (5 Days Ago)
- 9792: Mr. X ---> "Do not disturb my circles!" (4 Days Ago)
- 9793: Baron Grim (3 Days Ago)
- 9794: Cheerful Dragon (3 Days Ago)
More Conversations for Ask h2g2
- Is there a name for this? Explaining events by the chain of events that led to it? 
1 Hour Ago
- What Films have you seen recently? 
2 Hours Ago
- So, where is everybody? 
5 Hours Ago
- "What news story has caught your attention today?" thread 
8 Hours Ago
- What is better kept in the fridge? 
19 Hours Ago