A Conversation for Ask h2g2

LessUsed Facts

Post 9841

Baron Grim

There is an antonym of sparkle.

darkle: 1. to grow dark, to become clouded or gloomy. 2. to become concealed in the dark.

LessUsed Facts

Post 9842

Vestboy

I darkle at physical activities

LessUsed Facts

Post 9843

Baron Grim

I look forward to this persistent high pressure zone over Texas to go away and give me the opportunity to use "darkling sky" in its proper context.

Oh, damn, that makes this a useful fact. smiley - facepalm

LessUsed Facts

Post 9844

Dmitri Gheorgheni

Not really. You mentioned Texas...smiley - run

LessUsed Facts

Post 9845

Baron Grim

BHAA... Why I oughta... smiley - runsmiley - tomatosmiley - tomatosmiley - tomato

LessUsed Facts

Post 9846

Dmitri Gheorgheni

Heh-heh. *ducks*

Don't mind me - the Texas School Board is my nemesis. Talk about the eyes of Texas...

LessUsed Facts

Post 9847

Baron Grim

smiley - sigh Don't get me started on the Texas SBOE.

I was listening to NPR the other day and they actually had the temerity, or maybe the ignorance, to invite Don McLeroy, former chair and chief religious ideologue, on for a discussion regarding the current SBOE minimizing slavery and white supremacy as the leading cause of the Civil War. They tactfully skirted his past stance of supporting young earth creationism into our science books.

He's the star of the documentary, _The Revisionaries_.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/revisionaries/film.html

LessUsed Facts

Post 9848

Dmitri Gheorgheni

smiley - rofl Oh, goody.

Fortunately, they don't actually write the course materials...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more