A Conversation for Ask h2g2

LessUsed Facts

Post 9981

Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper...."

Well they're not sandwiches. They're burritos. Duh.

smiley - pirate

LessUsed Facts

Post 9982

Baron Grim

Well, I'd agree, but the definitive requirement that "sandwiches" having two slices would mean things like hoagies/subs/po-boys and open-faced sandwiches aren't sandwiches.

http://loweringthebar.net/2006/11/judge_rules_bur.html

LessUsed Facts

Post 9983

ITIWBS

So that's maybe why one gets two pita breads with convenience store pita sandwiches rather than just one, split and stuffed?

smiley - shrug

Far be it from me to argue with more bread.

LessUsed Facts

Post 9984

Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper...."

Why does the law care about the definition of sandwiches anyway?

smiley - pirate

LessUsed Facts

Post 9985

Baron Grim

The article above explains that this all came about because of a noncompete clause in the lease a sandwich shop had with a mall in Massachusetts. The mall landlord leased another shop to a Mexican food seller that sold burritos. The sandwich shop owner complained that this was in violation of his lease. This case made its way to Superior court where the judge made the (somewhat) arbitrary determination that sandwiches are defined by two pieces of bread.

I don't think this ruling will affect many people outside the parameters of the original case, hence it's a Useless Fact.

smiley - cheers

LessUsed Facts

Post 9986

Dmitri Gheorgheni

smiley - rofl I love it! It would make a great guide entry. (Hint.)

LessUsed Facts

Post 9987

Shouldn't have non-compete clauses in the first place....

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post