A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 13661

Lusus - a national treasure

I can only think its your sweaty vapours rising into the atmosphere that causes the rain. smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13662

Pastey

If that was the case, it would rain even more in Manchester smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13663

Sho / Flo - what's the difference?

I love running in the rain smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 13664

Bluebottle

Do you wear glasses? As much as I love the refreshing feeling that rain provides, I dislike the fact that I can't see through my glasses, both through raindrops and also the fact that when it runs, they keep steaming up.
Not to mention the slippy grass and mud (my local Parkrun is on grass paths)

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 13665

Sho / Flo - what's the difference?

yes - so I leave them at home and hope for the best smiley - silly (having said that, I don't run on roads or pavements so it's not too bad)

Petty Hates

Post 13666

winnoch2 - Biding my time..

Back briefly to the differing mobile and desktop content comment; I agree. Phones are now very powerful mini-computers, so apart from a redesign to facilitate usage on a smaller screen, I don't see why any functionality should be lost.

facebook is bad for this. I often want to edit the audience that I post a comment to when I'm out and about, but I have confirmed from various forum threads, that you can't do this. It just remembers who you posted to last time or you can select individuals to see it. I'm certain that other privacy settings are also absent from the mobile version. It does just seem arbitrary and random the features which are omitted.smiley - shrug

Petty Hates

Post 13667

Pastey

I like running in the rain, but 8km in the absolutely pishing it downpour wasn't quite so nice smiley - biggrin

Still, at least you couldn't tell how badly I was sweating smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13668

You can call me TC (But now there's someone else who'll be calling me Granny) - Back from holidays

Am still weeping with laughter from the boobs in the link in post 13653.

Petty Hates

Post 13669

deb - 34 down, 40.5 to go...so slow, so slow

They made me cry too, which was especially difficult as I was at work and trying to suppress my smiley - snork and gasps smiley - rofl I'm sure a lot of them are made up, but still...

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 13670

Pink Paisley

Climbing the wooden hill to Bedfordshire, just to remember as I get there that I stripped the bed this morning and have to make it before I can get in it.

(New sheeets though. Mmmmmm.)

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 13671

winnoch2 - Biding my time..

You asked for petty, you got it; these plastic net things you get oranges and other citrus fruit in. I can never find the hole i originally cut in it and usually end up shaking the net angrily until all the fruit falls out. Note to self; decant fruit from net immediately after purchase.

Key: Complain about this post